“The Wonderful Yelton Manor” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yelton Manor Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Haven
Yelton Manor Bed and Breakfast
140 North Shore Drive, South Haven, MI 49090   |
Ranked #1 of 16 South Haven B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“The Wonderful Yelton Manor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2004

The Wonderful Yelton Manor

Each year we set aside a few days to meet our dearest friends
for a relaxing visit. We have been to many B&Bs, but The Yelton Manor
is BY FAR the very best. We chose it because of its fabulous lakeside
location
(our friends live in Chicago, we live in Detroit...perfect!), but it
turned out to be
much more than that. The home is gorgeous, packed to the hilt with
pleasures and
loveliness. The hosts seem tireless...up early, out late...and seem to
give every guest a full
measure of attention, personal service (our dinner reservations were
already set for us when we arrived!),
and lots of laughs. The rooms are wonderful (we all had in-room
massages, a gift from my husband!)
and the food is delicious. And the gardens are too beautiful to ever
describe...we got to see Elaine
spreading compost and pulling weeds all afternoon, so we KNOW what kind
of work goes into it!
I am certain that my friends and I will make this an annual trip...no need
to research for a new place ever again

607 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2004

The Manor is absolutely enchanting! There's something sureal about a place that instantly brings you back to childhood and a feeling of complete freedom from the real world. Each time I stay at the Manor I create a new memory that simply adds to my desire to return again and again. I reccommend it to anyone who needs a break from reality, to recouperate, rejuvinate and simply relax! Heavenly...

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2004

Yelton Manor has touched my heart now five times. Each time I come back I leave a bigger piece of me there. Elaine and Robert make you as comfortable as you would be in your own home; with goodies strategically placed in every nook and cranny, the home made food, their stocked video library with current releases, and personallized maps of fun things for you to enjoy while in the magic of The Manor. These things can't be fraud, Elaine and Robert really love everyday with new people welcomed into their home.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2004

The Yelton manner was a great experience. It was my first time staying at a B & B, so I had no idea what to expect. The staff was not just friendly, they made me feel at home as if I'd visited a 100 times. Great service, beautiful landscape, and an emaculate interior reminicent of a spotless home! What more can you ask for? Thank you Yelton for creating a home away from home!!!

See you soon and keep up the great work!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2004

my husband and I are still talking about the excellent time we had during our stay at Yelton Manor in South Haven, MI. Not only was the place beautiful and surrounded by exquisite gardens, the best part was that we felt so at ease. The Innkeepers, Rob and Elaine made us feel truly welcome. If you have not discovered Yelton Manor yet, you have a wonderful experience waiting for you.

• Stayed May 2004
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2004

Rude innkeeper that immediately greeted us with a list of rules in an unpleasant tone. Videos are kept under lock and key. Cookbooks are on a shelf in the dining room but if you go to look at one, the innkeeper immediately straightens the shelf while you are still reading it. Rather than feeling like guests, we were treated as intruders in her space. The rooms were o.k. depending on which one you were in and the breakfast was not great. The Inn at the Park nearby is far more pleasant. We will never return.

, Innkeeper/Owner at Yelton Manor Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 10, 2004
The Manor is a place of peace, joy and gentility. All guests are given a welcome tour of the inn so that they can relax and make themselves at home knowing fundamental inn culture and meal times. 1000s of books enjoyed by guests are constantly in need of tidying..it seems odd that one would find simple housekeeping unpleasant or insulting. Our 1000s of DVD/video are shelved in our office, freely available to all 7AM-7PM daily, available without fee or even sign-out list, a respectful honor system. This review is just silly and also appears to be a planted advertisement for/by the local competitor.

Been to Yelton Manor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!