“Nice Rooms, Pleasant Staff, and Pet Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in South Haven
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nice Rooms, Pleasant Staff, and Pet Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I was very pleased with the quality of the room at this property. The beds were very comfortable, the room was clean, and the price was fair. The reason we chose this hotel was the fact it was pet friendly. There is a $25.00 a night fee for a pet. While I understand the need for a pet fee, it would be nice to get the money back after an inspection from the front desk.

The only problem I had was at check-in the agent told me we were not allowed to keep the dog in the room alone. This would have been nice to know before hand. It says nothing about it on the website or was not mentioned when I previously called the hotel.

Unfortunately, we never got to have breakfast because it ended at 9:00am every morning we were there. Since we were on vacation we never got up in time but there are plenty of places around to grab a quick bite.

Overall, our stay was pleasant and easy going.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Stayed a week before had no issues. Drove back through following weekend coming home from vacation and called to get room and front staff stated they did have 1 room left and it went up in price 74.95 we paid to 245 a night. I asked if they would honor last week rate she said put me on hold and came back and said yes. Booked it and gave her my credit card info and a few hours later while driving to the hotel to stay I received a call from her at the front desk. She stated that the manager said not she couldn't offer me that rate and they couldn't offer me a room at all and they cancelled the room and she gave me a cancellation number. We had a hard time finding any other room. Too tired to drive had to stay in a hotel that was out of our way and priced high and not very clean. Called customer service when I got back home and all they told me to do is call the owner of hotel. They wouldn't honor a verbal contract over the phone! Never will stay again in any Comfort Suites or affiliation. A sad ending to a great week.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the South Haven area. It's just across the highway from the downtown area. The price was very reasonable for such a nice spacious suite. Free breakfast was a good variety of hot food plus cereal, bagels & Danish/donuts and juices. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2012
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

This year we planned our trip too late to find affordable lodging close to Lake Michigan, so we opted for Comfort Suites east of Route 196 in South Haven. We were happily surprised. Neither my husband nor I had stayed at a Comfort Suites before. In many ways its amenities are typical but in others they are slightly above average. For example, there's a smallish indoor swimming pool. The complimentary breakfast includes a Belgian waffle maker and hot scrambled eggs and sausages in addition to the typical cold breakfast offerings. There's a safe in the room, and the refrigerator is enclosed in a wooden cabinet, so it looks like a piece of nice furniture.

Our bed and bedding were very comfy. Our room's view to the east was over a building with a corn field beyond. I imagine views to the north and west would be over a small industrial area. Not sure what south views might be. My only complaint was really in the design of the room. The bathroom door opens out into the same space the closet door folds out into. If you are in the bathroom, be sure your suite mate doesn't leave the closet door open and then leave the room, or you'll be stuck in the bathroom! What I really really appreciated about this room was the absolutely sparkling cleanliness, linens that were NOT fragrant (yay, I can breathe!), and quiet, efficient air conditioning. We would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Conway, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The place looked a little worn and needs an update. It was quiet and clean and that is the most important to us. There were a lot of people in town for a Sunday evening and we were actually fortunate to get this place to stay. It was $116.00 plus tax for the AARP rate which I thought was high for the property. Breakfast room was tiny and everyone was crawling over each other to get to the food. I have had better breakfast at other Comfort Suites. Overall I would recommend it for one overnight.

Room Tip: There is a grocery store called Village Market and they have a wonderful deli.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago suburbs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stopped in the area for an overnight. This hotel was clean and beds comfortable, it was in much better shape than a newer holiday inn I stayed at the previous two nights. Service was excellent. Very good stay.

• Stayed July 2012
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We did and were awaken around 1:30am from the noise in the next room. Able to hear their conversations very clearly because of the connecting door between the rooms. Otherwise, the room was good sized and a good value for a three tier hotel. Always stay at Choice hotels, some very good and some not so good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites South Haven? Share your experiences!