“small plates and martinis = yum!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Taste

Taste
402 Phoenix Street, South Haven, MI
+1 269-637-0010
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 60 Restaurants in South Haven
Cuisines: American, Tapas
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Indianapolis, Indiana
“small plates and martinis = yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

the food and drinks were really good. the prices were decent, too!
we sat at the bar, and had a good time.

Visited August 2013

Ocala, Florida
“Scrumptious and perfectly portioned!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Finally a place that offers a wide variety of food on small plates so that you may sample everything! I recommend the catfish especially. The service was excellent and the decor was modern, simple, and tasteful. My husband and I especially enjoyed reading about the love story that started the restaurant, it really added to the appeal. We can't wait to come back to South Haven just to eat here!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Michigan
“Incredible food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have always enjoyed restaurants with small plates or tapas. I love to sample foods of all kinds. Taste just opened this year, but I have been there 3 times already. Each time I try something different. So far I have tried 9 of the small plate items and 1 sandwich (cuban). The bread that they serve with several of the small plates is great for soaking up the sauce or juice. Tuna tartare was good with the avacado, but very heavy on the ginger. The cold avacado soup was very good. I have not yet tried any of their martinis, but plan to on my next visit.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Alton, Illinois, United States
“Wonderful South Haven dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have been to this restaurant twice in the past two weeks, once with my husband and once with 3 girlfriends. Both experiences were fabulous. I highly recommend the garlic mushrooms and the scallops, but all the plates we've tried (and between the two visits, I have probably tried at least half of the possibilities) were very good. Friends tried martini's that they enjoyed. The service was very good and both servers were personable and knowledgeable about the food. We were seated immediately on both occasions (although we were there before 6 on both occasions). The décor is lovely. I will certainly return to this restaurant again and again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Naperville, Illinois
“Taste during Blueberry Fest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I should start out by saying that I have pretty low expectations for South Haven restaurants. I've usually found the service to be pretty horrible and the food to be decidedly average when I've been in town for little visits. We were in town for Blueberry Fest 2013 and I had no intention of waiting an hour for Clementine's so we decided to try out Taste at the recommendation of my B&B. There were 4 adults (2 vegetarians). There was NO wait for a table and our server was at our table immediately upon being seated and we got our food very quickly. No complaints about service at all. Our waitress was friendly and efficient.
One person ordered a sandwich and the remaining 3 of us split small plates. No alcohol, just soft drinks. Total bill was $42. I was ecstatic. My husband got the turkey sandwich on the Parmesan bread and for the small plates with got the potato tacos with chipotle sour cream, the hummus, parmesan cheese bread with tomato dipping sauce and the pork flautas. The hummus was a little bland. I think it was almond something but it seems they switch out the hummus flavors frequently. The pork flautas were great and the potato tacos were also very good (though the chipotle sour cream was a little spicy for some people at the table). Overall, we had a great experience and we would definitely visit here again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere