“Nice servers, OK food” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Taste

Taste
402 Phoenix Street, South Haven, MI
+1 269-637-0010
Website
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Flossmoor, Illinois
“Nice servers, OK food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was our first time here. The servers were very friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. However, the food was just average. The food was tapas style, but in general, the food felt, in my humble opinion, pre-made and re-heated. The decor is spartan. Overall, the food was average.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Michigan
“Great new restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

On recommendation of friends, we tried Taste. Or friends told us that everything they have tried has been delicious, and we now agree. Selection includes many Cold small plates and many Hot small plates in addition to soups, and salads. They also offer entree portions of 5-6 of the hot selections which are served with 2 side dishes. I had the chicken skewers which were served with a wonderful sauce and my husband had the sweet & spicy ribs which he enjoyed. Good value for your money with generous serving size. Good wine selection and topped off with great service from our waitress.
Area behind bar for about 30 people if a group or private party is desired.
Highly recommend!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Bloomingdale, MI
“Taste is yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Went to Taste on a Monday night and really enjoyed the food! We shared a goat cheese and beet salad. My husband had ribs and gyro meatballs. I had chicken skewers and sushi. The small plates weren't that small and the flavors were amazing!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Northbrook, Illinois
“Great martinis, fun place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Martinis were excellent and the dishes were more creative than I expects. Steak, chicken and crab dishes were all excellent. Mozzarella and tomatoes not what you expect - very different from the usual Italian fare, but still interesting. It's a fun place that is very different from the fried perch places. Best to have 4 people so you can share different dishes and tastes.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
DeWitt, Michigan
“Great Food and Drink”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband & I dined at Taste on 7/6/13. We loved the concept - small plates meant for sharing so we could sample many things. We ordered potato tacos, tilapia tacos, sweet & smoky ribs, pork flautas, and a potato havarti dill soup. My husband had an awesome local beer and I had the best Malbec I have ever tasted. We finished with taramasui for dessert. It was a nice, non-rushed meal. I think this new restaurant will be a huge success!

Visited July 2013