“Great getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in South Haven
Toledo, Ohio
“Great getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

friendly and knowledgeable staff. Rooms were spacious and clean. My friends and I were up just for a ladies night out and they were able to get us to all the great shops and restaurants in the area even around the road construction down town. Breakfast hostess was very pleasant and kept everything fresh and full.

Room Tip: 3rd floor above everyone:)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Kevin C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Sherry M,

I am thrilled to hear that you and your party were able to enjoy your time spent in South Haven! Thank you for sharing your kind words and compliments! On behalf of my entire staff, thank you for staying with us! We are all looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Regards,

Kevin Christians

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Carl Junction
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The stay at this hotel was excellent. The desk agent was especially helpful in obtaining a handicap room. Shelly Dutkiewicz was the agent and she was courteous and professional. She helped us locate our next days travel plans and recommended a very good restaurant for the night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Kevin C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear John B,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your compliments! On behalf of Shelly and the rest of my staff, we thank you and are looking forward to your next visit!

Regards,

Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express with Priority Club points for 3 days. We were able to get the Presidential Suite, which was large and had plenty of room for a family. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The breakfast was complete and good, it varied each day. They offered hot beverages all day, and sometimes had fresh fruit through the afternoon. As a priority club member, we were given a snack and bottled water on check in.

We did have to ask for housekeeping after the first night, but when I called, they came right up. The location is a short drive to the beach and town. I have no complaints about this hotel. The room and the public areas of the hotel were clean, neat and comfortable. The pool was nice. It would be nice to have a hot tub as well. It was a good location close enough to what we wanted to do. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kevin C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Michigan f,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to review our property! Your comments are truly appreciated! We strive to be a great hotel that guests love. Compliments like yours are great motivation for all of us to continue in our hard work! On behalf of my entire staff, thank you!

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Spent two nights here while visiting South Haven. Not much to add after having read the other reviews. The location was good, a hot breakfast was included, and everyone was very nice. The room was what I would expect for a Holiday Inn, not large but certainly adequate, and it was very clean. A small refrigerator and microwave were included. The only thing that I wish was different was that the jacuzzi was in the bedroom portion of the room, rather than in the bathroom. This, however, was not a big deal as it was just the two of us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Carole0113,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience! I am happy to hear that you were pleased with our hotel and I hope you enjoyed your visit to South Haven! Hope to see you again soon!

Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed on the third floor, to avoid having people above us. The room was nice and clean. There was good curtains that kept the room nice and dark. The front desk called shortly after checking in to make sure everything was good with the room. That was a nice touch. The pool was great. Perfect temp, but no hot tub which was disappointing after a long day of walking around. The fitness room was also nice. The breakfast was great. The woman working the breakfast area made sure to keep everything well stocked and cleaned. The food was all fresh and tasty with a nice variety. Even better was that for the 2 mornings that we were here, the breakfast was different. Nice to have some variety. The location of the hotel was nice. Just off the freeway, but far enough that you don't get the traffic noise. And it's walking distance to the Sherman's dairy bar! Town and the beach were just a short drive.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kevin C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear natys_mommy,

Thank you so much for your kind words and compliments! I am truly grateful that you took the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. My staff and I work very hard to make our hotel an enjoyable experience. I will be sure to pass along your compliments! We hope to see you again soon!

Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I'm usually a solo business traveler, but for this go round I was accompanied by the wife and two young kids (3 & 5), on a family vacation.
We arrived on a very rainy Sunday night to an obviously packed hotel. The front desk staff was great - even gave me bottled water and my pick from a "goodie basket" for being a platinum member. Our room was perfect - two queen beds, plus a large area with a desk and pull-out couch on the second floor.
Breakfast every morning was great, alternating between scrambled eggs/bacon & omelets/sausage. It is a lot easier to do it on your own while on business, but a lot more entertaining with two young kids. I'm sure I was quite entertaining to the rest of the guests, running back and forth to the pancake machine for the kids!
The hotel staff was excellent, whether front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, or anyone else. I spend 30+ nights a year in hotels, and very few can claim this level of service. Everyone employed here in July, 2013 give yourself a big pat on the back, you are doing an amazing job.
The property just underwent an extensive renovation in the Spring of 2013 (most of the pictures on Trip Advisor are now out-of-date) and looks brand new. My kids loved this place - they knew their way around by day two, and if they are happy, I'm in heaven. Thank you!
To top it all of, my 4 nights, in a suite, were completely free. IHG has an amazing points program, so if you travel at all, take advantage of it, as it will pay off very quickly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kevin C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Otowners,

I am thrilled that you and your family were able to enjoy our hotel throughout your entire stay! Thank you for sharing your compliments! I will be sure to pass them along to my entire staff. It was a pleasure accommodating your family while on vacation. Also, thank you for noticing our recent renovations. A lot of hard work went into remodeling our hotel, and I'm happy we can share it with our guests. I'm glad you used your IHG Rewards points to stay in South Haven. Looking forward to your next stay!

Saginaw, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Great location, friendly staff, great breakfast offerings, not hot tub but the pool is awesome, staff always ready and able to answer questions. Town and beach only a short distance away. Room was spacious and very clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kevin C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear GD1962,

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel during your trip to South Haven! Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express! I also want to thank you for your review about our hotel! Your compliments to our hotel and staff are greatly appreciated.

Hope to see you again soon!

Kevin Christians

Been to Holiday Inn Express South Haven? Share your experiences!