“Good location, nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 11 hotels in South Haven
Michigan
“Good location, nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed on the third floor, to avoid having people above us. The room was nice and clean. There was good curtains that kept the room nice and dark. The front desk called shortly after checking in to make sure everything was good with the room. That was a nice touch. The pool was great. Perfect temp, but no hot tub which was disappointing after a long day of walking around. The fitness room was also nice. The breakfast was great. The woman working the breakfast area made sure to keep everything well stocked and cleaned. The food was all fresh and tasty with a nice variety. Even better was that for the 2 mornings that we were here, the breakfast was different. Nice to have some variety. The location of the hotel was nice. Just off the freeway, but far enough that you don't get the traffic noise. And it's walking distance to the Sherman's dairy bar! Town and the beach were just a short drive.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kevin C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear natys_mommy,

Thank you so much for your kind words and compliments! I am truly grateful that you took the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. My staff and I work very hard to make our hotel an enjoyable experience. I will be sure to pass along your compliments! We hope to see you again soon!

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I'm usually a solo business traveler, but for this go round I was accompanied by the wife and two young kids (3 & 5), on a family vacation.
We arrived on a very rainy Sunday night to an obviously packed hotel. The front desk staff was great - even gave me bottled water and my pick from a "goodie basket" for being a platinum member. Our room was perfect - two queen beds, plus a large area with a desk and pull-out couch on the second floor.
Breakfast every morning was great, alternating between scrambled eggs/bacon & omelets/sausage. It is a lot easier to do it on your own while on business, but a lot more entertaining with two young kids. I'm sure I was quite entertaining to the rest of the guests, running back and forth to the pancake machine for the kids!
The hotel staff was excellent, whether front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, or anyone else. I spend 30+ nights a year in hotels, and very few can claim this level of service. Everyone employed here in July, 2013 give yourself a big pat on the back, you are doing an amazing job.
The property just underwent an extensive renovation in the Spring of 2013 (most of the pictures on Trip Advisor are now out-of-date) and looks brand new. My kids loved this place - they knew their way around by day two, and if they are happy, I'm in heaven. Thank you!
To top it all of, my 4 nights, in a suite, were completely free. IHG has an amazing points program, so if you travel at all, take advantage of it, as it will pay off very quickly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kevin C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Otowners,

I am thrilled that you and your family were able to enjoy our hotel throughout your entire stay! Thank you for sharing your compliments! I will be sure to pass them along to my entire staff. It was a pleasure accommodating your family while on vacation. Also, thank you for noticing our recent renovations. A lot of hard work went into remodeling our hotel, and I'm happy we can share it with our guests. I'm glad you used your IHG Rewards points to stay in South Haven. Looking forward to your next stay!

Saginaw, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Great location, friendly staff, great breakfast offerings, not hot tub but the pool is awesome, staff always ready and able to answer questions. Town and beach only a short distance away. Room was spacious and very clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kevin C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear GD1962,

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel during your trip to South Haven! Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express! I also want to thank you for your review about our hotel! Your compliments to our hotel and staff are greatly appreciated.

Hope to see you again soon!

Beebe, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

From Check in to Check out Staff was amazing. Room was great. Breakfast was great. Definitely will be back. Only 2 miles to downtown, 5 miles to Gingerman racetrack. Staff was great at suggestions for restaurants and kids activities

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kevin C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Joanh50131433,

Thank you for your kind words and compliments regarding our hotel and staff! We truly value our guests and strive to be a great hotel that our guests love. Comments like yours are a wonderful reminder as to why we do what we do! On behalf of my entire staff: Thank You!

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Very nice stay for couples... The breakfast was great..there was a hotel employee/lady that made sure everything was fresh, clean, and plentiful. Nice work!! I would stay here again we had a great trip and love the town of South Haven as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Harry J,

Thank you for your compliments! I'm happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your time, and breakfast, at our hotel! We hope to see you again soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

South Haven in the winter isn't the most pleasant of places as it is bitter cold, but we wound up there and this hotel was warm and inviting. The rooms were modern and clean and the front desk staff was pleasant. There was fruit in the lobby 24 hours a day and the warm complimentary breakfast was just what we needed before heading out into the cold.

Stayed January 2013
Kevin C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Kurt R,

Thank you for letting us know about how much you enjoyed your stay! I truly appreciate all of my guests' feedback, and am thrilled you were able to "warm up" at our hotel this Winter. You should definitely come check us out this Summer, and see everything South Haven has to offer!

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Wakarusa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I went to South Haven for a short weekend away for our anniversary. My sister recommended the Holiday Inn Express and I am so happy she did. The staff was extremely friendly, the hotel was quiet, and the room was spotless. I am very particular about the cleanliness of hotel rooms and was unable to find anything wrong with the room. The free hot breakfast was also very good with a great deal of variety. We will definitely stay here again! The hotel is right on the highway and very easy to get in and out of.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Lori A,

Happy Belated Anniversary! Also, please offer a big thank you to your sister for the recommendation! We are also very happy you chose to take her advice.

Similar to you, we are very particular about the cleanliness of our hotel and take great pride in the presentation of our property. Thank you for noticing and for your compliments!

Hope to see you again soon!

Kevin Christians

Been to Holiday Inn Express South Haven? Share your experiences!