“South Haven, Michigan” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 hotels in South Haven
Pendleton, KY
“South Haven, Michigan”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Holiday Inn Express, was average nothing fancy nothing plain. Although customer service was excellent, every person working there was nice, friendly, helpful and Smiling (this seems to have gone by the way side in alot of places) They truly acted as though they enjoyed their jobs.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kevin C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
bsbeehler,

On behalf of my entire staff, it was our pleasure to serve you. We take pride in what we do and like to share our passion with our guests. Thank you for your compliments!

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We went here on a last minute trip and when they had only one room left, Kevin allowed us to use our priority club points plus some cash to book the last room and then bonused us with a super nice upgrade! The hotel is lovely but the service is spectacular. I travel quite a bit for business and have always been a loyal Marriott cardholder. Holiday Inn will be my go-to hotel in the future :-)

Room Tip: we were on the back side of the hotel, 3rd floor up, away from the road, but any room would be fine.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Searching3,

I'm thrilled you enjoyed your stay at our property! The pleasure was all mine to accommodate your last minute needs!

I look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Having stayed here a few years ago, but never really dazzled, I hadn't been back in a while. However, I gave this property another chance in July 2012 (about 18 months after my most recent stay to this hotel), and I am very glad I tried them again. The remodeling is complete, the rooms are beautiful, clean, and comfortable. The last time I had stayed here was in early 2011 when the Holiday Inn sign was still the purple-and-orange logo, now the new green "swish" logo should tell you something. THey've updated everything, including the staff. The staff are now mostly the "good" people that used to work at the Hampton across the street.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
JuniorJuniorBuckeye,

I am so happy you decided to give us a second chance! I would also like to add that we are currently in our last phase of renovations right now. We will be replacing all the carpet and furniture throughout our hotel!

I believe you will be even more amazed the next time you join us!

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed at this Holiday Inn and on my return home realized I had left my purse in the room. I called the hotel and they immediately went to the room and found my purse. It arrived safely in the mail with everything in it, including my gift cards. Thanks so much for the fast service.

Also, the hotel rooms were very clean and the bed was comfortable. I would stay again!

MaddieDog13,

I'm glad we were able to return your purse and all your belongings back to you! I am a firm believer in that "honesty is the best policy." Thank you for your comments!

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Adrian, Michigan
1,096 reviews 1,096 reviews
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I like Holiday Inn Express hotels quite a lot as they provide a good solid value. This one was no exception. There is nothing fancy about this hotel but it is very clean and looks new. The ambeince with the open balcony second floor feels a bit homey as you walk in. The entry area is nicely decorated as is the breakfast area. I like the fact that coffee and tea are always available in the lobby.I can wait to have that last cup of coffee in the evening when I return and I do not have to pay Starbucks prices to get it as I usually do when I am travelling. The rates for this hotel presented a very good value. The breakfast in the morning offered a reasonable variety of choices, again commensurate with what you would expect at an HI Express. The best thing about this particular hotel was the frinedliness and helpfulness of the staff. They made some good suggestions about unobvious places to stop in downtown South Haven, which are the types of things you hope to obtain from local residents. It is a little removed from downtown South Haven so you cannot walk there unless you feel quite ambitious. But then again, it is right off the Highway so that is the next best thing. In all, when in South Haven, this is a very good choice.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Debbie K,

I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be so comfortable. We strive to be a top destination in South Haven, and I'm happy to hear your good recommendation for us!

Valparaiso, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

King suite clean. Except the tile by refrig was pulled up and missing carpet. Rest of room was clean and comfy. A unit didn't cool off room that much. Breakfast area was clean and very good with good selections. Workout area was small and had to ask for towels and not well maintained with others sweat all over machines. Would still stay and work out.

Wheaton, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We checked in very late one night when our camping trip got rained out. Front desk service checking in was very friendly. Room was fine. Bathroom was nice.
We had breakfast in morning...plenty of hot and cold items to choose from. Coffee was weak.
Again, we had good experience with front desk when checking out.
Housekeeping staff seemed to hate their jobs. I even said "good morning" to one lady and she replied back "Morning...not sure about good though".
Overall, if we were in the area we would reserve a room here again for a short stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Express South Haven? Share your experiences!