“Better Than expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Shelbyville B&B and Inns
Silver Lake,IN
“Better Than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Spent 1 night here for a race at Yankee Springs. Staff was really nice and the facility is nicer that the pictures show. The rooms were quiet and clean and hotel is right on Gun Lake. This would be a fun place to spend the weekend. It has a good location to get the Yankee Springs recreation area and to a lot of other activities in the area.

Room Tip: If I was to stay again, I would pay the extra amount for the lake side rooms.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
SARNIA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I would like to recomend this place to anybody looking for a quiet and gorgous place. Its on Gun Lake in Shelbyville Michigan. Nice rooms and great continental breakfast, made to order omlettes and pleasant staff. Great rates too. We will be returning again, close to Gun Lake Casino if you are the gambling type. If you just want a nice place to get away to this is it.

Room Tip: Pick a lakeside room, great view
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Spent a couple days here for work. Staff was really great and very accommodating. We traveled here during the slow season so I think staffing was quite reduced. One of my coworkers mentioned it was similar to The Shining after we arrived at the nearly empty Inn.

My one concern is the object I found in my room after checking in. On top of the hutch the TV sat in was an un-smoked cigarette. I decided to take a picture of it to show my wife and then wondered what else was missed or not cleaned before my arrival. I left it there because I was curious about whether or not it would be removed after the next day’s service. It was not. So, nice little Inn but some of the staff are missing the little things that come with a great place. Again, maybe this can be blamed on the slow season, I don’t know.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

My husband and I had a 2008 December, Winter Wedding. We decided to stay somewhat local but still elegant, due to a lack of funds. We booked the jacuzzi and gas fireplace suite, very beautiful and the Winter view of the lake was still gorgeous, off season. We have returned on our Anniversary a few times as well. The hotel restaurant is classy and great for celebrations and elegant meals. Be sure to check restaurant days of operation and hours. The menu is gourmet/ first class dishes. There are not many alternative restaurants in the immediate area, so you may need to pre plan meal choices if not requiring daily elegance.

Room Tip: I would go with the very beautiful and spacious Jacuzzi/ Gas Fireplace Suite. Priced reasonable and...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Grosse Pointe Farms, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Spent the night for my birthday with my husband. Wonderful place! Loved our room and the staff was very courteous. The room was extremely comfortable and the view was beautiful. Would happily return.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Gun Lake Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

We live in the area and use this as a overflow when family comes to visit.. We always have top shelf experience and treated very friendly.. The rooms are consistently clean and comfortable.. They offer seasonal events that we enjoy coming to also.. Dinner at the Terrace Grill is also a treat.. along with breathtaking views of Gun Lake

Room Tip: Lake side rooms and suites are the best.. But for value the rear facing rooms are just as nice you j...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

I just returned from a one night stay at Bay Pointe Inn and must say I am very impressed. The front desk people were more than accomodating and pleasant. The room was good sized, had a room with a balcony. The room was like upscale "cottage" atmosphere with lakeside type decor.
Bed and linens were truly awesome, nice size bathroom with long vanity. Only drawback-no coffee maker in room but not a big deal as I have a travel size percolator which goes with me on trips.
The setting on the lake and the grounds were picture perfect. (Even in November) I didn't eat at their restaurant nor did I have the continental breakfast. Did look at the restaurant menu and they have many good choices and reasonable prices.
I highly recommend Bay Pointe and will be returning again.
Also-never heard a noise during my stay. No elevators, tv's in rooms nor people talking in the rooms next to mine. Had absolute quiet and really got a good nights sleep.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to Bay Pointe Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!