“Great brews and atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Greenbush Brewing Co.

Greenbush Brewing Co.
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Late Night
Description: 269.277.1091
Grand Haven, Michigan
“Great brews and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Although an out of the way little town that one would normally not get off the highway to visit, this brewery is well worth stopping by for beer lovers. A small building to match the town, seating is quite limited, so plan on the possibility of having to wait for a seat. However, the beer is worth the wait. Three of us each had very different brews and all were excellent. Two in our group ordered a sandwich and were happy with the flavor. Our waitress was friendly, helpful and efficient. This is an establishment that attracts people from all walks of life, from businessmen to blue collars to families with young children, which adds to the ambiance. When driving through southern Michigan on I 94, make a stop at Sawyer and check this place out. And better yet, take a six pack to go (you can mix and match).

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sawyer
“Greenbush Brewing Company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

The beers are mostly very good, and reasonably priced. They also make a variety of fresh sandwiches which are really excellent and appropriately priced. Well worth a stop. Good service.

Visited May 2013
Hammond, Indiana
“This place? Rockstar status.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was told about Greenbush Brewing Company by a friend of mine who is into brewing his own beer. He told me everytime he went up to Michigan, they stopped by this place. I wasn't into craft beers at the time so I didn't pay much attention. But when girlfriends and I went on a winery tour into the Harbor Country, Greenbush was on my list of stops. Alas, we didn't have enough time, and weren't able to make it there. So we decided that we'd come back and tackle Greenbush. And we did. And boy was I happy I made sure I came back for this place. This place is so quaint, the sign on the top of the building doesn't even say Greenbush. We park in the back lot and walk to the front. The place is filled. The windows are open. It smells like smoked meat. I know this is going to be a good day.

We walk in and didn't have to wait for a table, we decided to sit at the bar. I ordered a flight, and at the suggestion of my aforementioned friend, I tried all new beers I hadn't previously ever thought about drinking. I had the Anger, Distorted, Redbud, Sunspot and two others I can't remember. But they were GOOD. Each beer had it's own distinct taste and the 6 oz glasses are just enough to be sampling 6 of these sucks. For only 12 bucks! I'll take it.

I also ordered the pulled pork sandwich. I shared it with my friend and half of it was more than enough, with the chips and slaw that comes with it.

I will definitely refer people here, and absolutely will be back for more very soon.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Byron Center, MI
“Good food - slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Based on the positive reviews, I stopped by to eat on a Friday afternoon, about 4:00. There are some good things about this place.

Beer - don't mistake this place for a restaurant; it is a Brewery. I ordered the Trak-Tor and it was delicious, Plenty of outstanding beers to chose from. I could tell that everyone at the bar really liked coming here.

Appetizer - I had the Pretzels and Pub Cheese - nothing special. The dip was hard and not especially tasty.

Meal - Beef Brisket - I thought this was good. They gave me two sauces to try; one a BBQ sauce that was runny and tasteless. The other was a mustard sauce that was good.

Service - almost non-existent. There are no tables for single patrons so I sat at the bar. I waited 10 minutes before someone would acknowledge me. After I ordered my beer, I waited another 10 minutes before someone would take my order. I had to wave my hands a few times to get the attention of the servers. While waiting for my food, I noticed other people coming in and being told there was no where to sit. I would like to state that the servers were very pleasant. Some training on the importance on being aware of each customer would be helpful.

Despite the slow service, I do plan on returning.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“This place is a gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

We hit this place on a Lake Michigan brewery tour, so glad we did! We visited on a Saturday night around 5pm and still waited about 40mins for a table for two. Really wish we could have tried the brisket but they had sold out, I did order to pulled pork sandwich, very good! I ordered a flight of beer and ended up buying a six pack of Mammoth to go. I would recommend this place to any craft beer lover. It was surprisingly inexpensive.

• Visited February 2013