“Best Western Sault Ste Marie” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Sault Ste Marie, United States
“Best Western Sault Ste Marie”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Work out center worn out! Breakfest Ok for a day or 2 but any longer YUCK. Sore back every morning. I will look for another hotel next time I am in town. The Holiday Inn or Super 8 looked very nice and would consider them before the Best Western. To bad the Hampton Inn is not longer in the area!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
ONAWAY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

This was our first stay at Best Western Sault Ste Marie, MI. The quality of service and experience during our stay far exceeded our usual hotel stay for the college hockey games. Definitely will make Best Western our hotel of choice.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Bloomfield, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

This hotel was severely outdated. I wish the Holiday Inn had rooms left. I would have much rather stayed there. This breakfast was terrible. Looked like it came from a box and tasted as such. Is it too much to ask to get fresh eggs, bacon, etc. for breakfast!?!? The hallway and rooms looked like I was in 1980. I would never stay here or any Best Western again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Sudbury, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed here in January 2013, as always this hotel was very clean and our room was very nice. It had a microwave, fridge, fireplace and whirlpool tub. We always stay at the Best Western in the Sault. It is close to restaurants and shopping. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

WISCONSIN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is the 4th year in a row we've stayed at the BW in the SOO for the I500 for a period of 6 consecutive days. We've never been disappointed (and we've done reviews praising them on Trip Advisor) until this year. Housekeeping was spotty at best! Quite certain a vacuum never hit our hotel room floor during our entire stay (noticed some crumbs at the foot of the bed upon our arrival which were still there upon checkout). Thoughout the week we had the following, no coffee cups left one day, no wash rags left one day, spots from tpaste left on the faucet, hair gel on mirror that never got cleaned one day, bathroom counter not wiped one day, tpaper left in toilet one morning was still there upon our late evening return, dirty hand towel left on bathroom counter was never removed and found rumpled when we returned in the evening exactly as it was left in the morning when we departed, no fresh soap one day, one day beds were thrown together like a 5 yr old would accomplish, etc. I did call on night 2 and asked the front desk "when a customer is here for an extended period of time what should be expected from housekeeping upon our return" and the items I've mentioned above should have been taken care of. Went to front desk to get wash rags on the last morning (after I was already undressed ready to get in the shower before I realized we didn't have any) and voiced my displeasure. Another area of displeasure was the breakfast area, tables were constantly not wiped. On two occassions my husband went and got someone to bring a wash rag to wipe the tables. On the last morning they had the strawberry waffle mix in the plain waffle mix slot and the plain in the strawberry, also brought this to their attention however, while I consumed my breakfast no one came in and changed it to be correct. The first 4 days of our stay the hotel was quite empty so not sure why the attention to detail was lacking as it pertained to cleanliness. We stay in hotels approximately 40 times per year so I feel I'm a fair judge of what to expect based on hotel room rates. You can read my past reivews and see that if there is good to be said I give properties the praise they deserve so don't feel that I am just a complainer. Positives of this property, breakfast offers a good selection to choose from, location, very comfortable beds, quiet rooms, ability to have it very dark in room for sleeping, decent shower size and water pressure and Joanne at the front desk. Joanne goes above and beyond to try and meet your needs, she allowed us to drop our bags off in our room prior to their posted checkin time and greets you each time with a warm, friendly smile. Keep up the good work Joanne! Will I stay here again, not sure. I think I may try the Holiday Inn Express for next year.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We were here along with at least 3 hockey teams for two nights. We would definitely stay here again....very, very clean, comfy bed with plenty of pillows, microwave, a bigger than usual mini fridge, nice flat screen TV and good sized room. Jacuzzi was clean and very welcome after being outside in the frosty temps of Northern Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Breakfast food was plentiful and tasty...different types of eggs on each morning we were there. We never heard a sound from the room next door. The staff was friendly and check in was prompt.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Ontario's Near North, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night on a getaway to do some shopping and yes a little gambling at the casino. We stay here probably five times a year. The location is perfect for shopping dinning and yes close to the casino... Front desk staff are pleasant and helpful . Cleaning staff are friendly and efficient.The rooms are spacious and beds are comfortable. Special request for an upgrade to our usual Jacuzzi suite was made available upon our arrival and the suites are really nice. They have a microwave, a bar fridge, a fire place, a comfortable king size bed and the Jacuzzi worked well. We did not use the pool this time but its an average size pool and the sauna is nice. Only thing missing is a HOT TUB... The free deluxe continental breakfast is also pretty good.Thanks again for a great stay there is no other hotel we will stay at when travelling to this area. The manager we usually dealt with was no longer there but the top notch service was the same as we have become accustomed too.

Room Tip: The Jacuzzi suit on the second floor is a great room.