“Nice stop and friendly service” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #3 of 18 hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
“Nice stop and friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed here one night for a reasonable rate. Quite clean, great bed coffeemaker that's easy to use in the room. Nice pool. Very nice front desk service. One little tip, I'm a house cleaner so I'm a little anal. They might want to scrub the bottom of the tub a little better. Otherwise, very nice and we will be back!!!

• Stayed October 2012

185 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Plainwell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We arrived 2pm and check in was 3pm. No problem. They let us check in early. The room was very clean and the hotel was very quiet. We slept very well on the extremely comfortable beds. We were able to adjust the room temperature to the level we wanted.
There is an Applebee's right accross the street which does have a light to cross by. There is also a sports bar/bowling alley behind the hotel which has a path you can go on if you wish,.
The shuttle bus to the Casino was on time and the driver even gave us a tour of the city.
We would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: There is an elevator for the upstaris rooms.
Brooklyn, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I had originally booked a room at the Comfort Inn but when we got there and they said they didnt have any knowledge of my reservation and they were full. After arguing with their staff (who werent very nice) I just left. We drove across the street to the Best Western to see if they had any rooms, and they did. The room was very clean, the only thing was there was hair on the toilet and floor. As I was walking back out of my room to finish getting our things I was greeted by one of their workers, he said good afternoon and asked how my day was going, I replied I would be a little better if I didnt have hair in my bathroom. He apologized for the hair and walked away, a few minutes later I had a knock at the door, it was him with a bottle of cleaner and a rag, he cleaned the toilet and got on his hands and knees to clean the floor. I kindly thanked him and offered a tip but he politely declined. I do not remember what his name was but he had beautiful artwork on his arms. I have stayed in alot of hotels and I have had this problem before, this was the first time someone came down and cleaned it up, they usually hand you a spray bottle at the front desk. Breakfast was good, we were bummed that the pool area didnt have a jacuzzi but other than that we had a wonderful stay and we will be back next year!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Best Western NEVER fails us when we are on the road. It's like an oasis after a long day of travel and this location was the best place we stayed the whole 5 days we were on the road.

We checked in after 6 in the evening and weren't surprised (without reservations) that they only had king sized units with hot tubs (my fav) so we took one immediately. The room was clean and the bed was their usual soft, comfortable, plenty of pillows and blankets and even smelled wonderful.

Breakfast in the morning helped warm us up on a chilly dreary day with a light rain. Reception area was clean and bright and very nicely decorated. Beautiful veranda on the front of the building with chairs to sit in and a roof to keep the rain off our heads.

Thank goodness for Best Westerns when you need them the most.

Grove City, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We always stay in Sault Ste. Marie on our annual fishing trip to Canada and decided to try a new hotel as our previous one raised their rates excessively. We were very pleased with the Best Western for the price we paid. It was clean and staff were very friendly. We had a king bed with small sofa and microwave and mini fridge in the room. We used the workout room. It also had a nice pool and sauna. We will definitely go back and stay again next year.

Deltona, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My room was very clean, it seemed like it was up to date. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. I asked for a rollaway bed and the young gentleman had it in my room before I brought my belongings in. The breakfast was better than I expected, they have a few hot food items that you dont find in alot of hotels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Covington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Very clean hotel. Perfectly situated to visit the locks and surrounding area. Hotel staff was not only effecient, but also provided great choices for dinner and lunch. Also made a suggestion that we visit s very small brew pub after listening to our trip goals. The free breakfast never ran out, even with the full hotel. This Best Western really shows off the strong brand - full fetured Marriot-esque property for half the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Sault Ste. Marie? Share your experiences!