“Spacious and economical” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Plaza Motor Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sault Ste. Marie
Plaza Motor Motel
You added Plaza Motor Motel to your Saves list
3901 I-75 Business Spur, Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783   |
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Certificate of Excellence 2014
St. Louis, Mo
“Spacious and economical”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

The Plaza Motor Motel is an updated motor inn. The rooms are spacious and well decorated. The owner lives across the parking lot and we were greeted by the family dog! There is a gazebo/garden area, and chairs and rockers to sit outside the rooms. We stayed in a king room, and had a nice sitting area with a love seat, table and chair. We decided to stay here based on other TripAdvisor reviews, and we made the right choice!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Broomfield, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

We got here late at night (just before 10), there was no one at the desk but I only stood there for a few minutes and one of the owners came in to check me in. He was very friendly and gave me some tips about Mackinac Island. The room was fine; the bed area itself was quite small but I expected this because I think we booked the cheapest room there. The bathroom, however, was probably the biggest motel bathroom I've ever encountered. The decor was a bit too 'Golden Girls' for me but that in no way affects the function or value of a motel room to me. The room and bathroom were extremely clean and the bed was comfortable. Location was a few miles from the locks, an easy drive up the highway. The price was very easy on the wallet. Overall an exceptional value!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Arlington, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

My wife and I have stayed in many motels over the past 20 years. Earlier this month we found our BEST motel. The Plaza Motor Motel is a 5 star facility with a 1 star price. This beautiful single story car to door motel is beautifully furnished with monogramed pillow cases, kohler bathroom china, nickle plated bathroom hardware, high end furniture, light fixtures and wall mountings, and textured wall coverings. I would highly recommend this wonderful pet friendly motel to anybody.

Submitted from Arlington, Virginia

chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

A few miles from the Soo Locks, which is why we were there, this place was nice, had what we needed (fridge,microwave,wifi). Bed was comfortable. Towels were nice. All nicely decorated. Usually look for things in auto club book but wasn't listed. Found good reviews on the 'net and went for it.

Friendly owner lives in house across the parking lot.

Good value; worth it.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

I am sitting in our bed at the motel writing this review. What a gem!!! The rooms are VERY clean, decorated quite nicely, and under $65 for the night! The staff is very friendly and quite helpful. Our room has a mini-fridge, microwave, wifi, cable TV, and one of the comfiest 'motel beds' I have slept in. The grounds and the rooms are both quite charming and inviting. I feel sorry for all of the people spending the night up here and NOT staying at this motel... they have no idea what they are missing!!!

• Liked — The atmosphere... quite unexpected!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2007

What a FANTASTIC find. The rooms were beautifully decorated in a Victorian style.

Thick wonderful towels. Plush carpets. Comfortable beds.

Super clean, and pet friendly. Not sure how they managed both, but they did.

• Liked — A luxury not normally found in motels
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Plaza Motor Motel? Share your experiences!