“Just like Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Plaza Motor Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sault Ste. Marie
Plaza Motor Motel
You added Plaza Motor Motel to your Saves list
3901 I-75 Business Spur, Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783   |
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
“Just like Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This place is very clean and great price i will stay here everytime we come up north.very quiet
,Had every thing you need for a great nights sleep.Can not wait for June so we can come back here and stay and see the grounds they look nice .love the writing desk and the charger for cell phones they take great care of this place and have all the updates like the places you spend alot of money to stay.

Room Tip: Room 109 is very pretty and the colors are great.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 days. Although I have traveled to the Soo for almost 15 years, I've never stayed here. That was definitely my loss! Quiet, spotlessly clean and very reasonably priced!! Pride of ownership is very evident from the comfortable beds to embroidered pillowcases to the immaculately kept rooms. A wonderful experience!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Algonac, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Outstanding value. Would not stay anywhere else next time I get to town. Not fancy but everything needed except bring your own shampoo. One cup coffee maker in room with Wolfgang Puck coffee. Ironing board and iron. Fridge and Microwave. Well lighted with comfortable beds. Hair Dryer. Writing desk. Two comfortable chairs and a small table. Bench and hangers for suitcase and clothes. Looks to be newly decorated with nice fixtures and a high shower head for us tall people. Located central to shopping, food and gas stations. Excellent access to downtown and the expressway. I have never stayed in a room this clean. Bed is firm but comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

After a bit of a bumpy start, reservation confusion, stressed guest after a long drive and a very calm host! we had a nice stay in our very quiet clean room. The beds were comfortable, and the bathroom was beautifully updated. Lots of TLC in the care of this place. We will be back.

Room Tip: Book on line, it might eliminate the problem I had.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Edwardsville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

For $74 a night, this place was a great value. The rooms are huge--we had a breakfast area as well as the bedroom area and the bathroom. Although an obviously older hotel, it is scrupulously maintained.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I found this motel through Tripadvisor. Our stay was the end of September, for we were doing the color train tour in Canada. The reviews were right on. The room was beautiful. Not a thing out of place. The family who runs it is very nice. Close to Walmart, McDonalds, and other restaurants. We had a truly wonderful stay and will be back when we are up in the Sault Ste Marie area again. Wonderful!

Room Tip: We stayed in 108. King room. Very pretty.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Unfortunately, so many of us have shared out wonderful experiences at Plaza Motor Motel, it is not easy to get a room! Fortunately, I booked long ahead for myself and friends: the day we checked in (we stayed for 2 nights) the owners were turning away a steady stream of people: no vacancy. I concur with everything said about Plaza Motor Motel: housekeeping is outstanding-your room sparkles with clean; the place is quiet; and the owners/managers live on site to make sure things run smoothly. Too cool for us to enjoy the gardens other than looking at them, but the care of plants is more than evident. My friends' room was recently renovated to include new bath fixtures: my room was not yet renovated and it shows-but then again, given the low rate of the room; the hospitality; and the peace and quiet offered, I could look past the wear and tear on the furntiure--I'm sure the room will be upgraded shortly! I've stayed here before: about 3 years ago and things at Plaza Motor Motel are still outstanding-I will return again--as long as I can get reservations!!

Room Tip: As for a newly renovated room if this is a concern for you.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Plaza Motor Motel? Share your experiences!