“Pretty Standard” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3826 I-75 Business Spur, I-75 Exit 392, Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783 (Formerly Super 8 )   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, United States
“Pretty Standard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Decent, clean hotel. Nothing 5 star here, but good service and clean rooms at a good price. The only down side is there are no attractions or good restaurants with walking distance. This is a car required hotel. And there is no elevator. That was a big deal to one customer, but its only a two story building.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Calumet, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed at this motel during a girl's weekend to the Soo and Mackinac City and Island! What a great motel!! Very clean rooms, comfy beds, nice breakfast, easy check in and out! Enjoyable stay!!! We booked with Bookings.com and no problem with check in! Very friendly staff!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
kimberlyk42684, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing Americas Best Vale Inn as your home away from home.
I am glad to hear your stay with us was an enjoyable experience. I do hope to see you in the future.
Take care.

sincerely
Brooklyn, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The room was nicely sized for 4 adults. The beds were firm and the pillows were fluffy. The shower had poor pressure. The continental breakfast included hot food, but the eggs tasted funky and fake. Overall, great values room, and I got a quiet and restful sleep.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn as your home away from home. I am pleased to hear that you had a enjoyable experience while staying with us. I do hope to see you in the near future. Take care.

Harrison, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Very clean and quiet. Located nearby is the casino but not very many restaurants to choose from in the area. The room had a full size couch as well as a comfortable chair. Air conditioner was not loud. No indoor or outdoor pool. There is a more than adequate continentl breakfast available.

Room Tip: We had a king size bed with jacuzzi BUT the tub is quite slippery if you choose to just take a showe...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
kimberlyk42684, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn SSm,MI. As your home away from home. We understand you have many hotels to pick from so your decision to stay with us is very much appreciated. We hope to see you in the future.

Red Lake, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Booked this hotel after checking reviews. It is a quiet hotel, 2 story hotel that takes pets. Room was clean and everything was excellent as per what we paid. In other words great value. We will stay here again. They could improve on breakfast with a bit more selection on fruit other than apples.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Fort Worth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed here for three nights having booked through Hot Wire. Though the rate was good this is definitely a budget hotel. Upon checking in we were given a room on the second floor. However, to our surprise there was no elevator in the hotel. Having a bum knee can make it difficult to climb stairs but taking it easy I survived. The room was clean but small, television was an older tube model and the tub (though I could stand to loose a few pounds I am not fat) was a tight fit. I've come to learn through my travels that the term continental breakfast can have a varied range of definitions from one hotel to the next. Waffles, cereal and yogurt is not my idea of a continental breakfast. However, I do remember seeing three apples one morning in a basket. As stated in a previous review it's not the Marriott. When my brother and I went on motorcycle trips this would be the perfect place for us to stay as it met the basic needs. However, when traveling with my wife I prefer a little higher class.

Room Tip: Not bad but should I ever return to Sault Ste Marie I would not choose this hotel again.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Whenever you needed help with anything
The staff was very eager to help and always had a smile and it was so nice to
Hear good morning room was very clean
I had my greyhounds with me they were
Very nice to my dogs and they did not charge me extra for my dogs I had a great vacation thanks!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing Americas Best value Inn SSM,MI as your home away from home.
We understand you have many hotels to pick from so your decision to stay with us is very much appreciated. we are glad your stay was a good one we hope to see you in the future.

Kim Rapholz

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!