“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3826 I-75 Business Spur, I-75 Exit 392, Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783 (Formerly Super 8 )   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Holiday Savings Special
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Iowa
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The room was nicely sized for 4 adults. The beds were firm and the pillows were fluffy. The shower had poor pressure. The continental breakfast included hot food, but the eggs tasted funky and fake. Overall, great values room, and I got a quiet and restful sleep.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
kimberlyk42684, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn as your home away from home. I am pleased to hear that you had a enjoyable experience while staying with us. I do hope to see you in the near future. Take care.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Harrison, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Very clean and quiet. Located nearby is the casino but not very many restaurants to choose from in the area. The room had a full size couch as well as a comfortable chair. Air conditioner was not loud. No indoor or outdoor pool. There is a more than adequate continentl breakfast available.

Room Tip: We had a king size bed with jacuzzi BUT the tub is quite slippery if you choose to just take a showe...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
kimberlyk42684, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn SSm,MI. As your home away from home. We understand you have many hotels to pick from so your decision to stay with us is very much appreciated. We hope to see you in the future.

Red Lake, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Booked this hotel after checking reviews. It is a quiet hotel, 2 story hotel that takes pets. Room was clean and everything was excellent as per what we paid. In other words great value. We will stay here again. They could improve on breakfast with a bit more selection on fruit other than apples.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Fort Worth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed here for three nights having booked through Hot Wire. Though the rate was good this is definitely a budget hotel. Upon checking in we were given a room on the second floor. However, to our surprise there was no elevator in the hotel. Having a bum knee can make it difficult to climb stairs but taking it easy I survived. The room was clean but small, television was an older tube model and the tub (though I could stand to loose a few pounds I am not fat) was a tight fit. I've come to learn through my travels that the term continental breakfast can have a varied range of definitions from one hotel to the next. Waffles, cereal and yogurt is not my idea of a continental breakfast. However, I do remember seeing three apples one morning in a basket. As stated in a previous review it's not the Marriott. When my brother and I went on motorcycle trips this would be the perfect place for us to stay as it met the basic needs. However, when traveling with my wife I prefer a little higher class.

Room Tip: Not bad but should I ever return to Sault Ste Marie I would not choose this hotel again.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Whenever you needed help with anything
The staff was very eager to help and always had a smile and it was so nice to
Hear good morning room was very clean
I had my greyhounds with me they were
Very nice to my dogs and they did not charge me extra for my dogs I had a great vacation thanks!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing Americas Best value Inn SSM,MI as your home away from home.
We understand you have many hotels to pick from so your decision to stay with us is very much appreciated. we are glad your stay was a good one we hope to see you in the future.

Ishpeming, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stay at the hotel weekly and I always enjoy my stay here! The hotel is clean, affordable, safe and quiet (by far the most quiet hotel in Sault Ste. Marie), and the internet is reliable and fast. The staff is top notch, always friendly, helpful and awlays working to make your stay feel like home. I've stayed at most of the hotels up here and I can say without a doubt this is the only place I would stay at.

Room Tip: There isn't a bad location here, its always quiet and clean!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
kimberlyk42684, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We appreciate the feed back.
We are happy to hear your stay was an enjoyable one. we do hope to see you again in the future.

custer, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

I don't know why people want to knock this hotel- your not paying to stay at the Marriott. The rooms were clean, the staff was great, the halls were a little run down-but had a good nights sleep at a great rate. The staff were very helpful of what restaurants we were looking for.

Room Tip: Remember your not paying for a Marriott-a good value though
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
kimberlyk42684, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us how you feel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us we hope to see you again soon.

Kim Rapholz

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!