“Got Value” 4 of 5 stars

2186 Shunk Road, Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783   |
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
“Got Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Went for price, not casino, better than I expected. A nice relaxing place to be. Good eats at good prices. The mirror on the bathroom door gets the Extreme Stupid Award. Window view of inside building is better than no window I guess.

• Stayed May 2013
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Kewadin Casinos Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thanks for your comments! Hope to see you again soon -

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Cass City, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed over Memorial weekend. The hotel staff were friendly. The rooms are nice older but clean. The beds were very hard and the pillows were hard also. Of course in the morning we found 2 soft fluffy pillow in the closet. The walls are thin in the rooms and you could hear the voices of the people in the next room. The casino was nice with a variety of slot machines. The drinks were cheap compared to other casinos. I would recommend this hotel and casino as long as you don't need a good nights sleep.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello - thanks for your comments!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

What makes a five-star stay? Comfort and service from door to door. When we arrived we were treated like VIP's, quick service to get us up to our room and back down to try our luck in the Casino. The room was spacious, comfortable, clean, and except for the inconsiderate door slammers most of the night, it was a perfect room.

We were very happy with the service including the Dream Catchers breakfast. Our major problem occurred when we tried to leave. We checked out around 10:30am and went to the valet to ask for our car. There were no people ahead or behind us, just a bunch of folks getting on buses. We waited, and waited, and nobody working the valet to be found. My girlfriend went to the now busy front counter and was told that the Valet is also the bell hop and is the only one doing both jobs. Not good!

Luckily, my girlfriend excels and not letting us be treated poorly. The bell hop, feeling a bit intimidated, then quickly ran for the car. she doesn't like to act that way, but when you have a successful, large casino, you should have more than one person working two jobs when it's time to check out.

We totally enjoyed our stay and would like to visit again, we just hope the casino can hire one or two more valets or bell hops.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments! We're very sorry you experienced that while trying to get your vehicle. I've shared your valid concerns with our staff so we can do better for you and other guests next time! We do hope to see you again soon -
ARLINGTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Traveling for business, I do each month to the area, I normally stay closer to town since the hotel is so far out. I decided to stay here since the weather was not great and I had a few dollars in my pocket. I checked in a bit worried as a group of bands were scheduled to play, and my room was directly across from the theater. I went into town for work for a few hours, came back to spend some time on the floor and decided to check in around 10ish. The bands were really loud which worried me but by 11pm they were wrapped up and all was right with the evening. Price is very reasonable, great place to people watch, and if the weather is yucky provides something to do in the evening.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Kewadin Casinos Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thanks for your review! Hope to see you again soon -
Mohawk, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We decide to visit Sault Sainte Marie and after studying the internet decided to stay at the Casino's Hotel, what a pleasant suprise a King size bed with a very comfortable and clean room, the staff were very friendly and as it was our first visit we got $10 each to spend in the Casino and a further $10 dollars each off the room rate so for $60 we had a great nights clean and comfortable accommodation and $40 to spend in the Casino and a free Hot dog each and free drinks in the Casino. Whats more we came out of the Casino winners Yippeeeeee. We would recommend the Hotel, only bad thing is if you do not smoke then the Casino is hot and stuffy.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for non-smoking if you do not smoke.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Kewadin Casinos Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thanks for your review! We hope to see you again soon -
Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed one night. Had a king bed room. The window in our room faced out into the lobby sort of overlooking the deli. No window to outside which made me feel cramped. Go to this casino alot but have never stayed there. Bed was nice and room was clean. Rooms could use an update though. This casino is worth millions and I didn't even have a lamp shade on one of my lamps. Front desk not so friendly when booking and when checking in but all the other staff was especially the housekeepers. Ate at the deli which was good. Had the breakfast buffet...terrible. Eggs were not even edible potatoes not cooked. Only good thing was the omelette station. Gambled quite a bit, very tight casino! If you like to drink and gamble this is the place for you. Otherwise find a better hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Kewadin Casinos Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Hello! Thank you for your comments. I am sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. I have sent your review to our hotel managers so they can address these issues with staff and with our business strategy. If I can be of further assistance, please contact me at info@kewadin.com. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Kewadin Casino Hotel on Saturday April 6th, 2013 for one night. We found that the rate of $80 in April (which is still off season) is a bit expensive for one night; however we did receive $10 each for the slot machines. We enjoyed the buffet (especially the crab legs) and did enjoy the casino. I was very disappointed with the reception from the front desk when I requested a softer pillow. I explained to the front destk that the pillows were extremely hard and flat and I offered to come down from the 6th floor to obtain a new pillow. I was told that all the pillows were the same. I called back again a couple of hours later, explaining that the pillows were horrible; could they please see if there were any softer pillows as I absolutely could not fall asleep with this rock hard pillow. The front desk did say they would look and within 10 minutes the security delivered two pillows. The pillow was a little better, but still very hard and flat. Unfortunately, I had a terrible sleep and I think that it could have been handled a little better from the front desk and I recommend that they purchase a few fluffy and softer pillows as I am sure I am not the only one who has complained about the pillows.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow unless you like them flat and HARD!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the service you received from the hotel during your stay. I will be sure to bring this up to our hotel management so we can correct this. If I can be of any other help, please contact me at info@kewadin.com.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Been to Kewadin Casinos Hotel? Share your experiences!