“very good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 - Sault Ste. Marie

You added Super 8 - Sault Ste. Marie to your Saves list
Super 8 - Sault Ste. Marie
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3525 I-75 Business Spur, I-75 at Exit #392, Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783 (Formerly Inn of Sault Ste. Marie)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
whitehall,michigan
“very good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

Very good 3 day special weekend rate(friday-monday),comp breakfast good but could use some fresh fruit. Location good for Soo sites and day trip to Munising. Room and hotel clean,salt water pool and whirlpool best we've been in. Hotel staff very courteous and helpful..

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Traverse City, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

I made a reservation for two nights at this hotel for the first weekend in Sept09 - Labor Day. The hotel was rated on TripAdvisor in general pretty good and I thought to give it a try, I made my reservation online with Park Inn for a non-smoking room and I got the confirmation and seemed that everything would be all great. I arrived at the hotel around 6 PM on Saturday and went to check in. However, the girl at the Reception said that they have only a smoking room left for me. I said that I have a confirmation for a non-smoking room and I would not be able to stay in a smoking one. She suggested checking other motels in the area since the other hotels in the area, by now, might be all fully booked. She said that she will be canceling the reservation with full refund if I don't come back by 7 PM.

Sure enough I had to go and look for another place to stay and found a decent motel with a non-smoking room that was more expensive.

When I checked my credit card statement a few days later, sure enough there was a one-night charge for Park Inn. I called the hotel and they said that probably the girl forgot to cancel the reservation. I was told they will be working on posting a credit to my credit card. One week later and there is no credit. I contacted through e-mail the main Park Inn office and I was assured they will be passing the request to the hotel and I will be credited. A few days later and still no credit. Now I will probably have to dispute the charge.

So, although I never got to stay at this hotel, I was disappointed with the handling of my reservation. Therefore I would not recommend this hotel and can't rate it well at all. Also because of them I had to stay in lesser conditions and pay more money for that. I did not even get an apology from anyone at Park Inn or their customer service.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
parkinnsami, General Manager at Super 8 - Sault Ste. Marie, responded to this review, September 23, 2009
We appreciate this customer taking the time to write a review on our hotel. Due to a mix up with this reservation we had been overbooked and this guest received the wrong room type. We hope you understand that mistakes do happen occasionally, although we try our best to take care of our online customers.

The late cancel fee has been refunded with our sincere apologies.
Tecumseh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

great rooms, 2 room suites, nice pool, very clean, excellent value

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

We usually stay at Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inns, or Country Inns (also in the Radisson group of hotels with Park Inn). We gave the Park Inn a try as it had better ratings than most hotels in the area. We had read that the rooms were small so we were prepared for that and it was true. The room was clean and well maintained. The beds, although newer, were uncomfortable. A roll-away bed was available but barely fit in the room and was very uncomfortable. The pool was a salt water pool which we liked. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The breakfast was good although the eating area was very small. Based on the reviews of the other hotels in the area, I would recomend the Park Inn but hesitantly.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2008

Got a great price on this hotel, I would not pay any more than I did for this hotel. the chair was glued together with glue running down. The hot tub didn't work and the pool was ice cold. The room was very small. The beds are short and my husband's feet hung over the end. I would pay a little extra for a nicer room and hotel. The breakfast was small and they were out of things like cream cheese (had bagels though) and syrup (had a waffle maker).

• Stayed August 2008
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dearborn, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

Stayed at the Park Inn for one night in June 2008. Hotel is on a busy strip with lots of other motels, but stands out as newer and in better condition. Very good value as well.

Check-in and check-out were easy and the room was clean and well-designed (but small). Breakfast was OK, but served in a small room, which got really hot.

Would stay here again if back in the area.

• Stayed June 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Edmore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2008

Real clean and nice rooms,great breakfast.Had noisy kids called front desk and they took care of it right away and give us a king bed room for no extra chare. Definately will stay there again!!!

• Liked — Very clean
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Super 8 - Sault Ste. Marie? Share your experiences!