“Great for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Super 8 - Sault Ste. Marie to your Saves list
Super 8 - Sault Ste. Marie
Super 8 - Sault Ste. Marie
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3525 I-75 Business Spur, I-75 at Exit #392, Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783 (Formerly Inn of Sault Ste. Marie)   |
Ranked #8 of 18 hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
warren Mi
“Great for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The Park Inn was our third choice due to no vacancy at other hotels because of the bridge walk. It should have been our first choice. Rooms are clean and modern but a bit small, but you only shower and sleep in them anyways. Breakfast was ample and the pool was real nice. Would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Byron Center
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We picked the Park Inn by Radisson in Sault Ste Marie as we wanted o use our Carlson Points. We knew ahead that this was the Radisson's economy brand, and thought we would give it a try.
It was clean and in a good location for touring the Sault area as it was close to I75 and easy to find. The room was small, but very clean and "basic". We only stayed 2 nights which was all I could take of the small room. We did have a King bed, but it took up all of the room and the pillows were awful!. Towels were very thin and had to get extras at the front desk. Staff was congenial, breakfast was adequate (sausage and eggs, cereal, waffles etc) I am not sure I would stay here again, as there has to be better facilities, for a good price, elsewhere in the area. if I was alone in the area, I would use points again to stay, but If I was handing out cash, I would find another hotel!

Room Tip: look at the room before you commit!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel is very adequate for basic needs. The room was clean and the breakfast was filling. The bed was very firm, but the pillows were so overstuffed that we did not get a good night's sleep. I will pay a few dollars more, but I will try a different hotel for my next stay in Sault Sainte Marie.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We checked into our room on June 28 and was so shocked at how tiny the room was (one queen bed). The tiny television (thought it was smaller than a 21 inch) was propped up on top of the built in doorless closet. The pillows were small and squared. I did go to the desk and request more pillows. There was a refrigerator in the room but it was not turned on which made keeping some items that we took out of our plug in car cooler difficult - we had to wait for it to get cool and my medicine needed immediate cooling. The decor is 70's and 80's (bed headboard attached to the wall). There was no wing chair or other chair in the room except of the tiny rectangular table and the two kitchen chairs that came with it.

The bathroom was clean and very adequate. Enjoyed the one pack of gummy bears on our bed as well as the rubber ducky that was on the rim of the bathtub.

Breakfast was very good although there were not enough seats either in the breakfast room or in the lobby.

Disappointed that I was not recognized as a Club Carlson member.

Not sure if I would stay here again because of the size of the rooms and the tiny television (we do like to watch before going to bed and when we get up to see the weather).

This hotel needs serious updating to bring it into the twentieth century.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Suffern, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This hotel was just right! The rooms were clean, the staff was kind, accommodating, and helpful (one woman in particular, who works in the mornings), the breakfast had all the basics, and then some (eggs, sausage, make your own waffles, a choice of cereal, yogurt, fruit, bagels, danish and donuts, juices, coffees, milk, pb, cream cheese, syrup, and butter), met all our needs, and was unlimited. We didn't use the pool, but plenty of others were enjoying it. They even left gummy snacks on the pillow, the night of check-in, and a toy duck in the bathroom. Although the soap is a nice size, I suggest that you bring your own shampoo, unless you are only one person, or ask for more. Also although a refrigerator was in our room, it froze everything, with no way to adjust the temperature. It seemed as though the chambermaid just wiped down the wet areas and made the beds during the nights we stayed (We stayed a total of 4 nights.). Finally, if you like to sleep with the windows open, as I do, be prepared to hear car noises; I think that one would probably be able to hear the traffic on the main road from all the rooms.

This hotel is in a good location, though, in my opinion; it's not in the "downtown" area, it's a little closer to downtown and apart from the other hotels that are bunched together near I-75. It is, however, near enough to I-75. If I were ever in the area again, this is for sure, where I'd stay.!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Mich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Nice facility, great staff, clean pool and hot tub and good breakfast. Would reccomend, good value for summertime.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Park Inn on a recent trip across the UP. The price was terrific due to Hotwire! Yes, the rooms are small, but who wants to stay inside with such beautiful surroundings. Sault Ste Marie is a stunning harbour town. The front desk folks were very friendly and our request for a roll-a-way bed was taken care of immediately. Immaculate room, good breakfast and coffee . No complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Super 8 - Sault Ste. Marie? Share your experiences!