“Best Place to Stay in Town” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Saugatuck
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Best Place to Stay in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I'm not the kind of traveler to stay at a B&B. I just want a comfortable bed, clean towels and floors, and a pool. That's exactly what I got. Saugatuck is a beautiful town, but the rates for privately owned Inns and B&Bs were just ridiculous. Their reviews are great, but I get the feeling they are more geared toward older adult traveler. As a early twenty-something, the Best Western was just the ticket. I got a suite with a king size bed, a tub for two, a couch & a fridge for less than $100 each night - which I split with my boyfriend. We slept in late, and were left undisturbed. We swam in the pool & soaked in the hot tub, and didn't mind the occasional splash from a kid's cannon ball. We loaded our arms up with free breakfast delights to eat in our own room & no one protested. It was great! The people who run the place seem like they are a family. Very sweet. I would definitely come back again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dayton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have stayed at this Best Western a couple of times. I can't say I am unsatisfied or disappointed with this hotel. It just seems like it could be better. Value wise I think it can be alittle overpriced at times. I feel like it is more like the $65 Best Western not the 100 dollar or 135 dollar Best Western. The addition of flat screen Tv's are a big plus. There are a lack of electrical outlets in the room. If you are on the main floor you can hear loud walkers crossing their room above you.The Wifi still streams at various speeds and goes on and off. The Staff are always friendly and I am sure they would do whatever they could to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. The breakfast bar is what you would expect. The dining room is on the smaller side so it feels a little cramped. I am sure owning a hotel in a seasonal area of the country could be challenging. I give the family credit for doing it. I would just like a little updating and I would be fine with paying 100 or 135 dollars a night. One other thing about this hotel is that I do always feel safe at this property.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed for two days in mid May and found this hotel a very quite comfortable place to stay. New flat screen TV with lots of channels including HBO. The staff was very friendly and helpful and had good knowledge of the area. I will definitely stay at this hotel when ever I find myself in southwest Michigan.

• Stayed May 2013
Columbiaville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I travel a lot throughout Michigan and this Best Western has the friendliest and most helpful staff that I have encountered. The rooms are clean and the breakfast is actually very good. As a business traveler this hotel exceeds my requirements. My crew and I stay here every time we are doing work in this area. I would highly recommend this hotel.
American Incline Elevator

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here back in April 2013 for a 1 night stay. The check in process was a breeze and I appreciated the free welcome gift of snacks & water. The room was nice and clean with lots of space. I didn't use the microwave but the fridge was nice to have for keeping drinks cold. The hotel didn't have pay per view movies but that seems to be the trend these days, with all the portable forms of media out there. The second floor did smell like varnish as they were re-doing some of the woodwork on that floor, the smell didn't bother me but may have bothered some people. I enjoyed the free breakfast of waffles and biscuits & gravy. I asked for and received a late checkout which was nice, all in all this was a great place and I would recommend it to others. Thanks for a great stay I hope to be back next time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd floor, its nice and quite up there.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here while in town for the Holland Tulip Time festival. Great location - we were pleasantly surprised to see it was in a quiet area surrounded by tall pine trees. Our room was on the back of the building so we were able to leave our window open and enjoy nature instead of a parking lot.

We found our king whirlpool room well laid out, comfortable and clean. The tub was one of the best we have had in a hotel, and just the ticket for sore muscles after the run.

The deskclerk graciously let us in the room an hour early which not only saved us a trip back but gave us time for a little nap.. ;-) We found the breakfast to be at least average & included hot offerings which not all 3 stars have. They had flavored syrups for your morning coffee, which I especially enjoyed.

We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to BEST WESTERN Plaza Hotel Saugatuck? Share your experiences!