“You'd be crazy to stay anywhere else.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Twin Gables Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saugatuck
Twin Gables Inn
You added Twin Gables Inn to your Saves list
900 Lake Street, Saugatuck, MI 49453   |
Ranked #13 of 24 Saugatuck B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“You'd be crazy to stay anywhere else.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2003

I have been traveling to Saugatuck for at least 20 years and have always enjoyed my stays. Last year I tried the Twin Gables for a Woman's Pampered Weekend retreat and will never stay at another place again. The weekend was sold out and even with a crowd I felt as if I were being catered to individually and wanted for nothing. The food was excellent and the atmosphere was relaxing. You will not find better hosts than Bob and Sue.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2003

That lady from Hobart is Insane. From the moment that you walk in the door at The Twin Gables you feel immediatly relaxed and invited. Bob and Sue (innkeepers) have done an incredible job. I have high standards when it comes to cleanliness and presentation. The Twin Gables really takes the cake! The place is designed impecably. It looks right over the river and you can watch the sunset every night from the breakfast room or your own room-if you are lucky. The breakfast is terriffic and after staying there for only three days, I felt so relaxed, it felt like I had been gone for a week. From the pool, hot tub, beautiful breakfasts, beautifully done rooms, and late night treats Bob and Sue have thought of everything! There are even a couple of bikes available to take into town and then if you want to relax by the pool there are plastic wine cups available to take outside and enjoy your in-town purchase! My boyfriend being Italian, we have traveled all over the world and this is one of our favorite retreats. I have been back twice since my first stay and plan to go again and again!

Thanks Bob and Sue for creating a great retreat!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2002

Our friends and my husband and I booked rooms in August. It's a beautiful place, decorated nicely with classy furnishings. The entire place has a "wine" theme. We missed out on the home-made treats which we found out later were chocolate chip cookies. Don't think you'll get any if you're not around right when they're set up (at about 6pm ??). There was a nice selection of teas, ciders, popcorn at the self-service area downstairs. Bad thing is that if you're an early riser, you won't get your first cup of coffee until 8 or 9 am. Their serving time was different for weekday and on weekends. Also, we all had journal books in each room, where previous guests had signed it. Pretty much everyone said how wonderful their stay was. Of course--no one would write bad comments after reading all of those good ones. Anyway, the journals all raved about their breakfast. We figured we'd have a choice of breakfast food, NOT. We were only given some kind of egg quiche that was WAY TOO SPICY. I love food and didn't enjoy that item. They didn't offer cereals, but I believe there were muffins and toast. They were way too slow on the coffee.... They keep one decanter of regular, and decaf, but it went too fast for them to keep up. also, they do have a hot tub, but don't expect to use it after (I think) 8 pm. Seems that it adjoins a guest room and they don't want the pump to make too much noise after 8 pm. We were very disappointed not to be able to use it. It doesn't open again in the morning until I think 10 am - which everyone is leaving by then......
Overall I'd give it a 5 out of 10. Nice decor, nice people, clean small rooms (like we really needed a rocking chair in that small tiny room along with the bed, dresser, nightstand, and valet tray!) Will stay where we can get coffee anytime next time...

, Innkeeper at Twin Gables Inn, responded to this review, December 8, 2003
Hello -My wife Sue & I own the Twin Gables Inn.I want to correct and clarify the points that a guest from Hobart made in her review. By the general sounds of her review, she was expecting a hotel experience - we are not a hotel and will never be one - we are a bed and breakfast and our guests appreciate the difference.We set cookie or brownie "treats" out at 9 pm - if she came down at 6 pm and was expecting treats and thought they were gone - well, they were hours away from being brought out. (Most mornings, there are cookies left over from the night before.) We bring fresh-brewed, gourmet coffee out at 8:00 am - a good time for most guests looking to relax at a B&B. We're not a coffee shop and will never be! If people want to get going early (golf, appts., etc.), we will set out a coffee pot on a timer for them if they ask.As far as having a choice of breakfast entrees - once again, we are not a motel with a coffee shop. We are a B&B and serve a candlelit gourmet breakfast. When people book a room and they have an allergy or don't like a certain kind of food and tell us, we will prepare a special breakfast for them. Even if people are picking at their entree, we will ask if we can make scrambled eggs for them. (The item she was referring to was probably our Southwestern Hashbrown Quiche - we get many compliments on it and serve seconds regularly to people - if she didn't like it, we would have gladly made an omelet for her.)She is also incorrect again - EVERY morning we have CEREAL & toast out for guests to help themselves to, in addition to the fresh fruit plate, warm muffins, and juice we serve along with the entree we bring to the guest's table. We have 2 decanters of regular & 1 of decaf during breakfast - plus we have 3 people constantly checking on them. But sometimes if a large group descends all at once, we might run low, but will have a fresh pot out within 5 minutes. Once again she is incorrect on our hot tub time - we keep it and our pool open until 10 pm - we figure if people haven't used them by then, they aren't going to. Plus, the innkeepers have to sleep too and have to get up to get coffee out by 8 and make breakfast! (All of the above is explained during a short tour we give to every single guest when they check in). This guest stayed in one of our more economical rooms, which she may consider "cozy" or small. We do have larger rooms and suite size rooms that have more room, but, of course, cost more also.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2002

My wife & I stayed at the Twin Gables Inn in the Cabernet Room for our Anniversary. Bob & Sue, the owners, are gracious hosts. We arrived late & very tired; but they greeted us warmly at the door and wished us a "Happy Anniversary" - we knew right away we were going to have a wonderful weekend. We loved our room and felt right at home in the cozy surroundings. The Inn is inviting and extremely clean and very, very well-managed; their hospitality was way above average. I would like to thank you over & over again for providing such a beautiful place for us to escape from our busy life and fall in love all over again. We'll defintely recommend Twin Gables to our friends and we'll be back next year! Thank you for always being helpful, yet giving us space just to be.

Mack & Kathy

Been to Twin Gables Inn? Share your experiences!