“Awesome place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 50 Restaurants in Saugatuck
Cuisines: Bakery, Coffee Shop, Vegetarian, Café
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Late Night
Description: Wholesale. We are interested in working with quality businesses to provide amazing tasting coffee. From small cafes to large corporations, Uncommon Coffee Roasters is an excellent choice as your coffee provider. Quality. Our trained barista's prepare every drink with care to ensure our customers enjoy a quality coffee every time. Our espresso bar features classic drinks and house made syrups. We offer a variety of single cup brew methods as well as our daily auto drip offering. Fresh. Our talented baker's use fresh ingredients as they prepare our baked goods each day. We source locally when possible, purchasing greens from Blackberry Pines Farm in Pullman, Michigan. In the spring we plant our own herb garden for use in our savory dishes. Our dairy products come from Country Dairy in New Era, Michigan. Country Dairy is a producer-handler and cow friendly dairy. Friendly. Our knowledgeable, friendly and coffee focused staff is happy to help make every customer's experience the best it can be. We have been in business since 1994 and have a loyal following that builds every year
Chesterfield, Michigan, Usa
“Awesome place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

A must visit! Fair prices, high quality food and excellent service! We visit saugatuck at least once a year and we always come here.

Douglas, Michigan
“The best ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Bar-none, the best coffee house in this area. Excellent varieties of coffee, exceptional service and delicious appetizers and food. A must stop if in saugatuck !

Naperville, Illinois
“A Must for Coffee Lovers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Wow...what can I say? I am a coffee dissenter. Or maybe I am just a snob. I always thought I just didn't like the taste. I love, love, love the smell and the whole idea of relaxing and talking over a cup of coffee. In the past however, I always sat primly with a cup of tea or iced tea even in the winter just because I couldn't get over the taste of coffee enough to drink an entire cup. I am not a sweet drink lover so adding sugar or other flavors didn't help me. If I wanted a coffee jolt I always had to go the way of espresso. It's small enough for me to get through. UNTIL NOW! This place was incredible. Of course I ordered tea but I tasted my partners tea and YUM! It was a revelation. The french pressed Sumatra blend coffee was so incredibly tasty and smooth I had to get a cup of it myself. I loved it! Sorry for the long winded explanation. I just wanted to stress how incredibly impressed I was with their wonderful Roasted Coffee. They are an independent shop, small but they have expended to include a website where patrons can order whole beans from. They have changed their name to Uncommon Coffee Roasters due to name duplications in the coffee world. But Starbucks, etc. has nothing on them. If you love coffee you have to check them out. Incredible! Now I am on a mission to find an equivalent back home.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful independent coffee shop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My sister and I were in Saugatuck for a long weekend, and while I'm always up for trying out new coffee shops, my sister is a die-hard Starbucks fan. Since there wasn't a Starbucks nearby, I suggested Uncommon Grounds, and assured her she could get iced coffee with a shot of vanilla, so we took our morning walk and headed down there. It was packed, but the line moved surprisingly fast. My sister got her iced coffee with a shot of vanilla, I had a decaf, and we shared a berry scone. The scone was delicious, and my sister happily downed her iced coffee (my decaf was good too). The atmosphere was very friendly and festive, there seemed to be a lot of regulars along with the out of towners, and well behaved dogs patiently sat beside their people. There was a pretty nice looking breakfast menu, but since we were on a workout walk, we didn't want to sit and eat something filling. We went back a couple more times for coffee during our stay, and I picked up a pound of one of their dark roast coffees to take home for my boyfriend before we left. I definitely look forward to going back to Uncommon Ground the next time I'm in Saugatuck!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Morning Coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This place is a really nice surprise in such a small village. During the afternoon of our arrival and the morning of departure we never saw the place empty. Having sampled the coffee we had some ground up and bagged for our return to UK where we are able to drink in the aroma and taste that takes us right back to an un-common experience. Superb!

Visited September 2013