“Very nice weekend at the Belvedere Inn !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Belvedere Inn & Restaurant

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saugatuck
Belvedere Inn & Restaurant
You added Belvedere Inn & Restaurant to your Saves list
3656 63rd St., Saugatuck, MI 49453-9705   |
Ranked #1 of 24 Saugatuck B&B and Inns
detroit
“Very nice weekend at the Belvedere Inn !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

My husband an I wanted a nice get-away weekend, away from the hussle and stress of the big city. The Belvedere Inn fit the bill ! It is a little ways outside of Saugatuck, but I think that is good because it is nice and quiet. The food for breakfast and dinner was excellent! Staff was excellent! The Inn was a little bit pricey, but so was everything in this little tourist-town. You "get what you pay for." Want a place that you know is going to be excellent? Go to the Belvedere Inn! You'll be taking your chances on other less-expensive choices.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
East Chicago, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

My husband and I can't speak too highly of the Belvedere. Everything about it is wonderful: the rooms, the grounds, the breakfasts and dinners, and the staff. It has all the charm of a European five-star inn without the hassle of flying to Europe. We highly, highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

We did not stay at the Inn. Only went for dinner. The restaurant is easily the best "up scale" dining experience in the eastern half of Michigan.

Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

My sister booked the whole place for her wedding, and I stayed on the second floor. Most of the rooms are a bit small, but not too bad. If you don't mind the sulfur smell of the water, and no conditioner provided, then you should be pretty happy with the rooms. I was disappointed that there was no internet access, wireless or otherwise. Also, the rules in regards to alcohol are a bit stubborn, i.e. you can't charge drinks to your room (they make you pay on the spot), and even though I was staying there and they had my info on file, they repeatedly asked for my ID when I had a drink. I will say that the wait staff did a great job with the accommodating us for the wedding ceremony and after party. Everything flowed very smoothly and they were very attentive. Overall I had a great experience, but I probably wouldn't go back there when it is just me and my wife.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
W. Bloomfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

Service was excellent. The breakfast and dinner are very good.
Our room was cozy and clean as the rest of the hotel.
The hotel is located just off the exit from Hwy 131. Very easy to find. Few minutes drive from Saugatuck/Douglas and Oval Beach. The Red Barn Theatre is across the street.
We liked very much the garden and quite.

Saint Charles, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

We had a wonderful stay at the Belvedere Inn. Surroundings, location, quaintness, service and food were perfect. We chose the Abbey Room, which unfortunately was quite small (smaller than the pictures) and the did not seem to have adequate air flow from the central air conditioning. To cool off we opened the two windows which hadn't been painted shut to try to create a cross-breese, and used the noisy floor fan to supplement. The shower would be troublesome for anyone adult-size, it was quite small.

With knowledge of your room choice, this was less expensive that most local B&B's, and at least as charming and quaint. With an included wonderful breakfast, this is a great choice.

Dowagiac, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

A friend told me about the Belvedere, which is the best way to get a recommendation. It was everything she (and the website) promised, and more. I'm not a fan of the many bed and breakfast set-ups, because there isn't enough privacy, and often I feel as though I'm staying in someone's spare room. So although this is called a bed and breakfast, I wouldn't label it as such. Conversely, it's way too unique to be called a "hotel."

The location is perfect--it's separate from the hustle and bustle (and tourists) of downtown Saugatuck, yet it's only a five minute drive away. It's set in the country on a lovely piece of land with a pond and lots of flowers. The building is full of character, and is furnished with a good combination of vintage and comfy. Our room had everything we needed (great, comfortable bed, super clean bathroom, etc.) but also had tons of character, with its vintage bird theme (subtle, so don't worry) and wonderful huge, cushy windowseat, where we spent a couple of hours reading together. Although there were others staying at the same time, we couldn't hear anyone else while we were in our room (one of my complaints about ordinary B & B's).

The food was incredible, really, probably among the best we've ever had. The menu had traditional choices, but they were prepared in such unique,delicious ways. There is really something for everyone's palate. Dinner was terrific and breakfast even better, really.

I've raved about the accomodations and the food, but the most wonderful part of the Belvedere Inn was the staff. The lady who works at the front desk (and patiently books your reservation if you're like me and call with tons of questions, and takes you to your rooms and on a tour of the building, and gives information, and waits on you at breakfast, and cheerfully goes outside to take picture after picture of the two of you with your camera in front of the lovely flowers) is a delight, and deserves a big raise, no matter what she already earns! Our waitress at dinner was probably the best we've ever had (she had blonde hair in a bun and beautiful green eyes). She knew and could speak intelligently and helpfully about the menu items, and had the perfect personality to make us feel welcomed and pampered. Finally, the chef/co-owner took our breakfast order then immediately prepared it--very special.

So yes, we would recommend this hotel to anyone, especially our friends. It took only an hour to get there, but was a real get-away. It sounds like a cliche, but it's not--the place is a real gem.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Belvedere Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!