“Nice and Relaxing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Belvedere Inn & Restaurant

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saugatuck
Belvedere Inn & Restaurant
You added Belvedere Inn & Restaurant to your Saves list
3656 63rd St., Saugatuck, MI 49453-9705   |
Ranked #1 of 24 Saugatuck B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice and Relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We felt everything involved, service, room, food & location were wonderful. The grounds were spaciuos, well maintained and just beautiful. We enjoyed sitting outside overlooking your fountain while enjoying our favorite wine. We will be back. Our only suggestion would be to invest in one (1) window screen for each room. Thanks again for marvelous relaxing weekend getaway.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Haddonfield, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We were a little nervous about staying at a bed and breakfast after our wedding but we were pleasantly surprised! The Belvedere Inn turned out to be a wonderfully relaxing getaway after a long stressful wedding week. We stayed in one of the smaller rooms, but it was so quaint and adorable. It felt very vintage but of course included all the modern amenities we needed. We spent the weekend reading and playing board games in the library, walking around the grounds, and exploring Saugatuck's downtown shops, which were real close by.
The staff was as friendly as the Inn's decor was beautiful. They were genuinely friendly! The owner even introduced himself to us one night when we were in the library; I thought that was really great of him.
And of course the breakfast was wonderful too. Not your everyday affair but different home-cooked goodness everyday! And imagine my delight when i found an afternoon iced cappuccino waiting for me in the hallway (one of the many surprise snacks offered that made us feel at home!)
We will be back when visiting our Michigan family's in the future!

Williamsburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Immaculate, beautiful, fresh, lovely appointments, no heavy victorian or musty antiques. Charming grounds, spacious and welcoming common areas, nice rooms, clean and crisp. Feels like a first class INN in Tuscany or southern France - a truly European get-away just outside the very charming waterside town of Saugatuck. The staff is first class.

Meals at the Belvedere In are truly GORMET - delicous, excellent value, gracious service.

I have had many less than ideal experinces, including Select Registry properties. Belvedere is far an away the best B&B in our experience.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed for two nights in order to have some downtime between Chicago and New York. The Belvedere Inn certainly made this possible. The house is beautiful as has been thoroughly documented by other reviewers. Our room (Abbey) felt more like a friend's (one with good taste) bedroom than an anonymous hotel room. My only (small) criticisms were that the bathroom is small and kitchen smells pervaded the room at breakfast as it is directly above the kitchen (please note this is a really small issue). This brings me on to the food. We ate very well (too well) during our ten day trip to the US and our meal in the Belvedere definitely ranked as one of the best, if not the best. Breakfasts were great too and the treats left out on the landing lovely. Obviously this is not good for the waistline so I wish we had been told about the passes available for the local gym. As everyone says Sean is both a great cook and a great host.

In terms of the area both Saugatuck and Douglas are worth a visit and the beach at Saugatuck deserves its reputation. Dinner at Everyday People in Douglas was great (and good value). Uncommon Grounds in Saugatuck was a great coffee stop. Holland too is worth a visit.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed three days of unwinding and recharging at the Belvedere Inn over the Labor Day holiday. The inn has been beautifully restored and meticulously maintained--no dust allergy problems here--and the terrace and grounds are a lovely complement. Our handsome room was spacious and thoughtfully decorated and appointed. The main assets of the inn however are Shaun, our welcoming host and talented chef, and his staff, who made us feel genuinely at home from the moment we arrived. The inn has several delightful corners for reading or a quiet conversation, or a large terrace for drinks, conversation, or just listening to the night symphony as dusk falls. The breakfasts are delicious and varied, and dinner a serious and sophisticated treat. Fortunately there is a well-equipped gym with day passes 5 minutes' drive away! Downtown and waterfront Saugatuck is only a few minutes more, with lots to offer in terms of galleries, shops, restaurants, beaches, charters, etc., for most of which Shaun has information and advice. We also liked the variety of our fellow guests: honeymooners, older couples celebrating anniversaries, travelers, straight and gay. Evenings in the restaurant were pleasantly lively. Hospitality, serenity, sophistication, warmth---We are already looking forward to coming back.

Hudsonville, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Our stay was very nice. Great food and very clean. It was a step back in time. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Very expensive but you pay for excellence. Creaky floors but it is because of the traditional wooden floors. The grounds are nice and peaceful. Not a family friendly place but great for older couples,

Glen Ellyn, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I just spent three wonderful nights at the Belvedere Inn. I seldom travel, partially because I am usually traveling by myself and often feel self conscious being a single in a world of couples. I did not feel that way at the Belvedere. From the moment that Shaun greeted me until my departure three days later, I felt like I was part of their family. Everyone on staff was very attentive to my needs (even if I didn't know I needed anything yet). The inn, built 99 years ago, has been immaculately restored (with modern conveniences added) My room was spacious, breakfasts were delicious, and I had three consecutive nights of 4-course dinners to die for (although I needed a lesson in French to pronounce a lot of the choices). While the weekend went by too quickly (the relaxing atmosphere was just what I needed), I am already making plans this winter to return. Tom Wheeler Glen Ellyn, IL

Room Tip: Pay attention to the room descriptions--one couple I met was surprised that there wasn't a TV in...