“Quiet & friendly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Belvedere Inn & Restaurant

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saugatuck
Belvedere Inn & Restaurant
3656 63rd St., Saugatuck, MI 49453-9705   |
Ranked #1 of 24 Saugatuck B&B and Inns
Hudsonville, Michigan
“Quiet & friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Our stay was very nice. Great food and very clean. It was a step back in time. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Very expensive but you pay for excellence. Creaky floors but it is because of the traditional wooden floors. The grounds are nice and peaceful. Not a family friendly place but great for older couples,

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

180 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I just spent three wonderful nights at the Belvedere Inn. I seldom travel, partially because I am usually traveling by myself and often feel self conscious being a single in a world of couples. I did not feel that way at the Belvedere. From the moment that Shaun greeted me until my departure three days later, I felt like I was part of their family. Everyone on staff was very attentive to my needs (even if I didn't know I needed anything yet). The inn, built 99 years ago, has been immaculately restored (with modern conveniences added) My room was spacious, breakfasts were delicious, and I had three consecutive nights of 4-course dinners to die for (although I needed a lesson in French to pronounce a lot of the choices). While the weekend went by too quickly (the relaxing atmosphere was just what I needed), I am already making plans this winter to return. Tom Wheeler Glen Ellyn, IL

Room Tip: Pay attention to the room descriptions--one couple I met was surprised that there wasn't a TV in...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Angola, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Our experience was pleasant from the moment we entered. We enjoyed a third floor room where I read in the window seat on a lazy afternoon while my husband enjoyed the sun on the veranda. Food was fun & inventive for the Midwest. And a cut above most of the fare offered in the area. You are not far from town & lake so if you want a quiet, elegant stay in a an otherwise busy locale, this is the place.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I have been coming to the Belvedere for years I have always had very good service. This last trip my room was booked incorrectly. I had to move rooms after one night to a room that was just average. I was compensated a $100.00 dinner voucher which was nice but I felt that being a long time guest I would have been better accommodated I will no longer be returning to the B&B.
Thank you.
Sean Murray

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
New Lenox, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We booked the Belvedere Inn because of the recommendations on Trip Advisor. We were celebrating our anniversary and had an absolutely wonderful, romantic time during our stay. The house and grounds are beautiful. The staff is great and strive to make sure your stay is everything you expected. We would definitely return.

Spring Lake, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We had a fantastic time at the Belvedere Inn. It was our anniversary treat to each other and we are so glad we chose to stay there. Beautiful home, peaceful gardens, and great location near fun things to do. The treats and breakfast were delicious!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sussex Suite. It was adorable and has a large and comfy window seat.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We can highly recommend Belvedere Inn, it is a very beautiful and peaceful place in Michigan, we have returned a couple times. The owner is very caring and has such a defining taste in decoration and food. Also the staff is incredibly caring and friendly, it is a very personal atmosphere. We always have the feeling we are royals in their own country house :-). The name 'Little Versailles' hits the feeling very well! The surrounding is as well wonderful for hiking, bicycle rides, shopping in Saugatuck, shopping fruits&vegetables directly on the farm, wine tastings or having a great relaxing day at the beach in the close State Park.
See you soon again! Birgit&Andy

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Belvedere Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!