“Heaven by the Lake” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Shore Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saugatuck
Lake Shore Resort
Save Saved
You added Lake Shore Resort to your Saves list
2885 Lakeshore Drive, P.O. Box 121, Saugatuck, MI 49453   |
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Saugatuck
st. charles, il
“Heaven by the Lake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We love the gorgeous location and the quiet atmosphere of this resort. The property sits overlooking Lake Michgan with steps down to decks and a gorgeous beach. It is an adults only resort, so it is quiet and relaxing. Also a nice pool on the grounds and beautiful landscaping.
The serve a nice buffet breakfast in the mornings.
There are bicycles for guests to use.
It is a short drive into Saugatuck and Douglas for shopping and restaurants.

Room Tip: If you want a king-size bed, book early and request one.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed in mid October and loved this place. Had never been to this area but were so happy with everything. The view is amazing, we loved that we could sit anywhere on the grounds and see the lake, especially loved sitting by the fire watching the sunset. Very romantic and quiet place. We walked down the stairs to the beach which I agree with others, is not an easy climb up or down. The room was fine, clean and cozy. Less than 10 minutes away from downtown Saugatuck. The perfect romantic weekend place to stay!

Room Tip: Pretty much every room seems to have a great view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Batavia, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My mother and I went for a girls weekend to Saugatuck, MI and stayed at the Lake Shore Resort upon recommendation of a friend. The property is beautiful, looks over the lake. You access the beach by stairs, a bit of a climb but worth it! Bring some wine & cheese for the sunset.
The rooms are nice and clean, not fancy but comfy beds and spacious. Was a little disappointed with the breakfast - only two pastry options, cold cereal, instant oatmeal, whole bananas and oranges. was expecting much more for the rate. Also, don't go with the expectation of cell service or Internet access - you can only access wifi in the breakfast room or outside of the office, and that was spotty. however, it was great and we would certainly return. Staff was great, very friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Huntington Woods, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Please read this in its entirety.
My husband and I have stayed in this area before but from now on we will stay at this lovely little gem.
The rooms decor may not be as charming as a B&B but they are spotless, large and have very comfy beds. The property itself is exceptional. The views, the beach, the trails...all needs to be seen to be believed.
My husband and I watched the sunset from their private beach with chairs and table (and beach umbrella) provided by the resort. It was simply a spectacular experience.
We sat up talking around the fire with several other guests and had just such fun meeting new people talking about everything from politics to medicine to marriage!
The next morning was just as wonderful with a lovely breakfast that we ate on the deck overlooking the lake.
The location of resort is key. Close to Saugatuk and Douglas but far enough away that you're not caught up in the crowds and noise.
I can't say enough about this quaint little motel and i almost don't want to...I'd like to keep it a secret!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Elwood, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I just had our 10th stay at Lake Shore resort. We absolutely love this place. It is homey, comfortable, clean, quite and relaxing. The beds are comfortable with clean linens and clean towels. After 10 years staying there, I have never noticed any bad smells or odors. We always look forward to the continental breakfast. You can eat in the lovely dining room or take a tray back to your room or out on a deck, The Beach is beautiful with umbrellas and lounge chairs. The pool is heated and kept very clean. A nice swim after coming back from the beach is quite refreshing. (no children there, so no spashing going on) They also have a woods behind the hotel with walking trails, a small miniture golf and bicycles to ride. The owners are very friendly as well as all of their staff. I would highly recommend Lake Shore Resort to anyone. Oh, one more thing.....we were not 65 10 yrs ago and we aren't 65 now. LOL!

Room Tip: Room #40 is right on the very end and has 3 big windows looking right out at the lake. Also, the we...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Being to Michigan beaches for the first time, this was the only hotel that was really on the beach after my research. Traveling in two couples, we found this place to be totally delightful. He furnishings were perfectly fine even though they were not first rate, but it was decorated with a more home feel. Our room didn't smell, and it was very clean, as I am very particular about both those areas. As I like a dark room to sleep in at night, the blinds let in the outside door light, I told the manager and he graciously came and took out the bulb so it was nice for me.
The surroundings are conducive to peace and beauty, and the private beach is set up with umbrellas and chairs, I felt like I was on a California beach....and the sand on this and Oval beach is just so fine and not hot like Florida. The breakfast food tends to be on the European side and yes, I did like the orange juice. You can enjoy it outside or inside with the beautiful view. Oh, the pool was also a nice change from the beach, but I think most people just loved walking around the premises and along the quiet street that follows the beach, or riding the bikes. They warn you on the website that this place is more retreat like and not so much for kids and I can see that the way the coastline is in this area it would be hard on the safety getting to and from the beach. They provide beautiful stairs that you can enjoy a picnic on. (it's a huge incline). One more thing is that they light a fire pit lined with benches for the georgous sunset til ten o'clock. If I am in the area I will come back.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Just returned from the Lake Shore where we go every year. Location is Beyond words extraordinary.Beach,Kayaks,furniture and umbrellas,relaxing and gorgeous. Rooms are on the older side but spotlessly clean and not smelly at all. The owners as well as front desk staff are warm and go beyond for any request. The breakfast is superior.homemade breads,fresh fruits,hardboiled eggs,juice and coffee. Perfect for a start to a day on the Golf course,beach or just lounging at the magnificent pool. I can hardly wait to return next year. I spend time in Hawaii every year and also my home in Boca Raton, Florida but this place is at the top of my list. caroline B

Room Tip: Rooms across the back deck are my favorite
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Lake Shore Resort? Share your experiences!