“Rude and food was not worth it” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 50 restaurants in Saugatuck
Cuisines: American, Café, Pizza & Pasta, Sandwiches
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Delivery
Description: FULL BAR - Great selection of Craft Beers, wine, cocktails. Scooters Cafe & Pizzeria is famous for our pizza but we have so much more! Try our freshly made salads, wraps, and subs for lighter, healthy and delicious lunches and dinners, or choose from full meal selections like spaghetti, lasagna, fried chicken or shrimp dinners. You can start your meal with a wide variety of appetizers like our incredible cheesy bread, bread sticks, calamari rings or toasted raviolis and then finish with an ever changing selection of delectable desserts like tiramisu, cheesecake, cupcakes and our house specialty - deep fried Twinkies served on a bed of vanilla ice cream and topped with a mound of whipped cream and chocolate sauce. Dine in, Take out or free delivery within the Saugatuck area, every day, all day.
chicago illinois
“Rude and food was not worth it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

It took us about an hour to get a pizza. The service was scattered and we had multiple people waiting on us and each time one thought the other one was taking care of things when they weren't. When the food finally came it all came a once--- soup (awful) salad and pizza. The owner, who had been back and forth out delivering pizzas, came over and said sorry we didn't like the soup but he and the chef thought it was just fine. And he kept antagonizing us. All 6 of us didn't like it, or the service.
Maybe the owner needs to expedite and send one of his young waiters out to deliver instead of doing it himself.

Maybe takeout might be a better idea. Pizza was ok. Ive owned a place in Douglas for 17 years now and have only been here twice. Now I remember why.

Visited July 2013
CAMyers81, Owner at Scooters Cafe & Pizzeria, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
We do aim to please, but as noted in this review, sometimes we miss the target. I am sincerely sorry that the reviewer had a bad experience at our restaurant. Obviously we are disappointed that we failed to please a customer. As you can see from most of our other reviews we are usually much more successful at making people happy. This time we failed and we apologize. I do wish to let the reviewer know that I never meant to question their opinion of the soup. In our conversation at the table that day, I (mistakenly) thought they were saying that the soup was “bad” as in “spoiled”. I never question a guest’s opinion of taste – to each their own – but I was trying to make sure that we were all on the same page that while I understood they did not care for it (and I assured them I would and did take it off their bill) it was not spoiled. We rotate our soups fresh daily. That day the soup was split pea and ham, and in all honesty, it’s certainly not one of my favorites either! I was heartened by the young lady at the table who told me that she really liked the pizza –our specialty – and she was very happy with it. As for the service, we realize that perception is reality and I can only apologize again that we failed to make these customers happy. Saugatuck is a tourist town and sometimes we are the victims of our own success and the number of guests can be overwhelming at the busiest times of the year. Please rest assured that we heard this critique and take it very seriously. Hopefully someday the reviewer will try us again and we can show them our usual level of service (and hopefully we won’t have split pea soup that day!)

67% Recommend
Independence, Kansas
“Carry-out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

During a recent vacation stay in the Saugatuck area we placed an order for two large pizzas, a supreme pizza and a taco pizza, for carry-out. There was plenty of pizza to feed 4 adults and 2 young children. I personally picked up the pizza and the service I received when I picked up the pizzas was wonderful! The owner rang me up and got my order together and couldn't have been nicer. He even asked me if I needed plates and utensils, which I did, and would have forgotten if he wouldn't have asked. The pizza was great and we will definitely order again if we are in the area. I did luck out that there was a pick-up parking spot available when I arrived. If that wouldn't have been open I would have been driving around a little bit to find a spot so I could run in to grab my order with out paying for parking, so I would suggest carry-out during the week when the public parking isn't $5 so you can just park and run in and out.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas
“Take out pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Ordered take out pizza a day when othe pizza places were closed. We got a cheese and taco pizza. Basic pizza that was average at best.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Rude!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Very dissatisfied with scooters as i work in management and am not able to leave my store and i get treated rudely by the delivery driver since i did not tip him...what??? Its my right to decide how i use my money i work for an earn not theirs....so why are you going to use your iphone and slide my card 5 times and give me the option of tipping or not and then tell me we appreciate your business but we will no longer deliver to your place of work again..he says wouldnt you tip your waitress?? Well yeah but i rate them on service attitidue and attentiveness and this driver did not meet my tipping.. this is the 2nd time he has been this way..not pleased!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nashville
“Great Greek salad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had a nice meal here two times. The greek salad was delicious. The pizza was surprisingly not bad (actually good) given the other reviews. I quite enjoyed the meals. It was reasonably priced as well.

Visited June 2013