“Shopping galore” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 28 things to do in Saugatuck
Activities: Dining, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: The main street of Saugatuck was named for the town's founder, William Gay Butler.
Twinsburg
4 attraction reviews
“Shopping galore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

So many eclectic shops and food places. There are many B &B's to check out. There is a lovely place to set when you get tired of shopping.

Chicago, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
“Shopping, shopping, and eating oh my.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Walk around the town see and browse all the shops, you will find something for everybody. Very easy to walk, nice scenery, friendly people.

Bloomington, Indiana
88 attraction reviews
“Shopping and Eating for Everyone!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is THE street in Saugatuck with everything from food to clothing to home decorating and beyond. Shops are upscale, downscale, antiques, and you name it. I spent five hours and loved every minute! Biggest disappointment was the shopkeepers who didn't bother to look up from their iPhones, newspapers, or conversations to say, "Hello." I hope they weren't counting on my $$ because I took mine where I was welcomed and appreciated.

Springfield, Illinois
18 attraction reviews
“What a fun main street!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My friend and I were just going to stop in to Saugatuck to stretch our legs from the road and we ended up staying most of the day! This is such a neat little town with lots of locally owned businesses. We stopped every few stores because the boutiques were so unique. And don't miss the wine tastings!!

maple, ontario
17 attraction reviews
“Nice Way to Spend an Afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We spent a few hours walking through Saugatuck. The shops are very unique and for art lovers there are a lot of places to enjoy beautiful artwork. The drug store was a good place to find souvenirs (t-shirts, key chains, etc.) and was very busy. We looked around for a place to eat but everywhere was very busy; if I had been travelling with just my husband it would be okay to wait, but with three kids we settled for some muffins and coffee at one of the coffee shops. If you have kids, make sure you go to the Teeny Tiny Toy Store; it's cute. We walked over to the harbour and watched some kids learning how to sail. It was a fun afternoon and I would recommend it for people who like window shopping, art, and you can end it off with a nice lunch at one of the many neighbourhood eateries. We went on a Monday; I would not recommend going on the weekend. We tried to go on Saturday afternoon and couldn't find one parking spot.