“Crowded. Worth the wait” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Crowded. Worth the wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

excellent breakfast. This a unique place. Be sure to check the hours.....Limited.
This is the only restaurant I have been to that serves "basted eggs" !!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

France
“Best place for Brekkie with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I have already written a review on Saugatuck but I haven't on Ida red's. so here we go....
My Chicago friends and I have come to Ida Red's since 2001! We always come to Saugatuck in the Fall for the Halloween Parade in Douglas! That restaurant is quaint and friendly and the food is yummy for a very decent price. If you are larger group make sure to sign in so as to get a seat! The booths are very nice with larger groups but as said, first come, first seated !!! No need to sign in for counter seats. The breakfasts offered are galore but try the French toast or the muffins ( banana, blueberry Pecan are AWESOME!) They are also available for take away. I think it's $2.50/$3.00 each....very cheap for the high quality of the product. We love that place so needless to say we would not have breakfast any place else! I am looking forward to this coming Fall because I will be in Saugatuck again for the 14th time....and always with my dear friends Harold and Alan + others that have come regularly as well now. Thank you for the good time we have alwasy had. Pascal-Pierre from France, EU. Oh, last point, cash only! No checks, no credit card!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portage, mi
“Waste of time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

I have been to Ida reds at least 5 times for breakfast . Always had to wait for a table but last two times had to wait over an hour from time we ordered til time we were served. I get too little vacation time to spend it waiting for what turned out to be a very average breakfast. You'd be better off at Denny's or big boy than to waste your time here. Too bad used to be a nice spot

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Meh..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Very highly reviewed, which is why we went. After waiting an hour for a table, we waited another hour for our mediocre food. Was it bad food? No. But certainly not worth a wait. Typical scrambles, with spinach etc, but most places drain the liquid. This place doesn't care to. So, you end up with a wet plate. Kind of weird. They also don't take credit cards; equally weird. It was OK, but for the wait and mediocre food we won't be back.

Visited July 2014
Toledo, Ohio
“The menu is more full of itself than you'll be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

As others have said, we knew we would have to wait. No problem there. That's expected on a summer Sunday morning.

Seated outside which was wonderful, and upon reading the menu we were very excited for what promised to be a unique and fresh breakfast.

We waited 10 Minutes for our drinks, an about 30 minutes for our breakfast. That's a long time for breakfast.

Scrambled eggs were so watery that they made the potatoes and bacon soggy too. Toast was cold.

French toast was also thin and soggy.

The pancakes were good, and the fresh oj was good too.

Would we return? My first answer is "maybe" if we saw there was no wait.

However, after reading the manager's responses here on trip advisor, I'll never go back. If he or she is defending them self here, rather than apologizing, one can imagine that they are the reason behind the fact that this is an ok restaurant rather than a great one.