“I shouldn't write this review because I want to get a table next time I visit.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Players Bar & Grille

Ranked #17 of 85 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: American
Stevensville, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was our first visit and if the next time changes I will update this review. We had a FABULOUS meal here. This spot was known as a bar not a restaurant, so the change to being a good restaurant is difficult, at least for our mental thinking. Not any longer. Had the FRESH crab cakes- awesome! for our midwest style of making crab cakes.. and matches up to any east coast cakes. In our group we also tried calamari... cause that is what we do if they offer calamari. Nice, well cooked, a bit different... but would be excellent with a beer. Also had the Reuben and a Poorboy with garlic fries.. omg.. if you love garlic you will love these fries. Reuben was huge and yummy. Poorboy excellent! Service was awesome. Owner/mgr very hands on and servers know how to serve.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Michigan
“Don't go when it's busy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Went on the 4th of July, so expected to wait a bit. Found 2 seats at the bar, ordered within 5 minutes. Waited NINETY MINUTES for food, which only came after we asked for it repeatedly.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The owners are some of the nicest people I've met. They really take time to make you feel at home and be sure you have an enjoyable experience. The food is different every time we come in, but always a treat.
Mixed drinks are a little weak so make it a double.
I love the set up. They really cleaned the place up.
The bar is really hopping at night on the weekends so get there early.

Visited June 2013
Saint Joseph, Michigan
“Surprisingly pleased”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

In the past, restaurants in this location were poor, but Players has wonderful food! I am so surprised! First of all, besides The Ideal Place and New Orleans, they make an authentic Hurricane! Yes! And my husband had the Mahi Mahi special and I had Chicken Piccata. I was afraid to get fish there because a bad restaurant will overcook the fish, but I tried my husband's and it was wonderful. So was my Chicken Piccata. Great find in our own hometown!!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
South Haven, Michigan
“Newest hot spot in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Players has become the place to meet and eat in St. Joe. Only open a few months now, the staff is great, Robert the owner is usually there to greet you in the evening, and the dishes are always great,,,well done Players !!

• Visited March 2013