“Beautiful.” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Katy, Texas
“Beautiful.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here because they allow a one night reservation (rare in this area). We were pleasantly surprised. The Royal Oak bedroom has a private deck with views of the pond and the beautifully landscaped grounds. The bed was comfortable, the whirlpool tub was extremely relaxing ... and the gas fireplace was very cozy on a cool evening. Great stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
RALEIGH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Where do I start describing my experience at Dove Nest B&B. I have been visiting B&B's all my life since last 15 years, all over the east coast from NH, MA to NC, SC. I just moved to Michigan and was browsing through where to go for a weekend get away with my wife and daughter. I came across Dove Nest B&B. It looked exactly what I was looking for. I called them and reserved the pond view room. We reached closer to 5pm.. and the B&B host Jitka was waiting to receive us. She came outside and saw that we have so much luggage due to a child. She came and helped us carry the luggage. She showed us her entire B&B, settled us down, and then said "I have a surprise for you".. We were then served the most amazing hot yum cherry pie, with coffee. We had that with our daughter, in front of their amazing pond with trees all around us and lots of fishes in the pond .. swimming together. It was very romantic. She then suggested a restaurant http://www.tosis.com/ .. and the beach close by.. Thank you to her suggestion again, we ate at Tosis, one of the best italian food i have ever had (after trying all the restaurants at north end in Boston!).. plus their house wine was amazing.. We were lucky to catch the sunset next to that restaurant. We then came back at the B&B where I was able to connect with John, the owner of the inn. He was great.. we had a short chat before retiring to bed. The view from our room was amazing.. pond view! the bed and everything in the room was comfortable and amazing.. i felt like I was sleeping at home with beautiful surrounding.. very clean, very modern, very inviting. In the morning we were served with a 3 course breakfast.. greek yogurt, crepes with strawberries (yum yum!!) and eggs with toast, butter and what tasted like home made jam.. oh.. the most amazing breakfast i have had in a while. She was also kind enough to connect with our daughter so that me and my wife could have some alone time!

Overall, I must say it was like a dream. Please.. please go and stay there.. and I promise, every moment spent there will be memorable

thank you for letting us stay at your B&B, can't wait to be back

Sumit Tanya & Aisha

Room Tip: loved the pond view!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I got married this past Aug and decided to have a short honeymoon in St Joseph right after the wedding. The Dove Nest B&B was just what we needed - a quiet, romantic, clean, beautifully decorated B&B, built by the owner himself. You can tell that John and Jitka take pride in making their guests feel welcome and maintaining their home/inn and the gorgeous backyard with a huge bird house and pond. John is continuously improving upon the place - he was in the process of building a gazebo over the pond when we were staying there. And the breakfasts they make are amazing - we especially enjoyed the fruit and yogurt parfaits they made for us. They even displayed some pretty flowers and candles during one of the breakfasts to celebrate our honeymoon. We stayed in the Royal Oak room, and it was fantastic having the tub and our private balcony. We had a wonderful time during our honeymoon and the couple really made us feel so welcome during our stay. Even though we live in MN, we come back to MI at least once a year and will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Royal Oak, which has the tub and the private balcony - recommended for those wantin...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was there with my parents and we were treated royally. I have a gluten sensitivity and my needs were treated with care and concern. The breakfast was carefully prepared, the Anderson's are a delightful couple to be around. The house is cozy and rustic in a wooded area. We thoroughly enjoyed our time in the area and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We had a fabulous time here. The amenities included a fireplace (on a very cold weekend) and full length mirror, very comfortable bed and fabulous food. We would recommend it. We have stayed in B & B's in many parts of the world and this one rates at the top.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We had a girl's wine tasting trip planned. We were looking for a comfortable B&B where we could hang out, play games, visit and have someone prepare us a delicious breakfast, which is exactly what we found. Since there were three of us we needed more than one room and the Dove Nest had the perfect arrangement with the lovely, two bedroom private "wing". Each room in the house had fresh cut flowers from their yard and had special touches to make you feel very pampered (fireplace in some rooms, chocolates by bed). I only wish the weather were nicer/warmer so we could have spent time enjoying their beautiful landscape and pond. We spent the evening playing games in the open living room, visiting, then picked a movie from the large selection they had to choose from and snuggled up in our room to watch a movie. We all had a good nights rest in a very comfortable bed and awoke to have a delicious 3 course breakfast that was amazing. The pumpkin pancakes topped with ice cream were impressive! With full bellies we left for a biking tour of the wineries which were only minutes away. John and Jitka were wonderful hosts and made up feel very welcome. I hope to take my husband there for a weekend get away soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Grand Rapids, Mi.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed here one night for our 42nd anniversary. We wanted something special and were happy to come across this lovely place. We chose the Royal Oak Room and it was large and elegant. So many details have been thought of to make the guests happy and comfortable. We always notice and appreciate that. We loved the beautifully landscaped grounds, and they were particularly colorful on the autumn day we were here. The doves around made it charming and interesting too. The breakfast was terrific. We liked the idea of the first course being brought to our room. Our hosts were so friendly and helpful and made us feel at home. We also enjoyed our little chats with them. What more could you ask for!

Room Tip: We like large rooms so chose the Royal Oak Room. It also had a balcony which was nice.
Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Dove Nest Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!