“Cassava's Restaurant, St. Joseph, MI” 4 of 5 stars

Cassava's
518 Broad Street, Saint Joseph, MI
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Cuban
Description: They are right in downtown St. Joseph and overlook Lake Michigan. The are doesn't have that many good restaurants, most touristy stuff and this restaurant specializes in Latin American cuisine. Just ate there this weekend and both the food and service were excellent! People should know about this place!
Buchanan
“Cassava's Restaurant, St. Joseph, MI”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I especially like the menu because it offers Latin cusine. Everything I have eaten there has been tasty. I have given it a four because the food is somewhat slow in arriving. Prices are average for a quality dinner.

Visited November 2011

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Awesome food let down by mediocre service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

I just love their tilapia, but their wait staff seems annoyed to have to do their jobs. Lighten up and be friendly...you guys like tips, don't you?

Visited December 2011
Saint Joseph, Michigan
“It could have been so much better...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

The service was excruciatingly slow. The food was just OK, but had no flavor or spice. Not what I experienced when actually in South America! The ambiance was dinette-American with no Latin influences or designs. Not even any faux-Mayan/ Aztec/ Incan art.

The music was Puerto Rican and Dominican with no real South American styles. The waitress and maitre D' knew nothing about the specials or what was in the food.

Foe what we received, it was over-priced, though filling. Would not go back again.

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Niles, Michigan
“The Newest Cool Place to Be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

The service was perfect. I was concerned after reading several reviews stating service slow, so when I the waiter took our order I told him we needed to be somewhere by "X" time. He staged the delivery perfectly for appetizer and meals, we weren't rushed and we made our appointment just fine. The atmosphere is intimate but great for people watching. The food was good quality and nicely presented ~ the plantain chips & salsa were awesome as was the cilantro hummus. Also had the Cassava Ceviche which was just okay to me, it was the first time I've had ceviche and it's not something I would get again anywhere. Tacos were on special and they were good as well. We'll be back & I'll tell everyone I know to check Cassava's out.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Loved the food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We wanted something different and this certainly fit the bill. We were starved and arrived when they opened at 4:00 on a Saturday night. We ended up being the only guests for the time that we were there, which suited us just fine. The food was AWESOME! Both my husband and I throughly enjoyed our dinners. The fried plaintain "chips"and salsa for the appetizer was perfect and very fresh. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2011