“This restaurant is not for me” 1 of 5 stars

269-982-8020
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
Monterrey, Mexico
“This restaurant is not for me”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I went two times to this restaurant. First time, I ate supreme enchiladas. The plate is very hot, but not the food. Enchiladas were not tasty and the beef was hard to bite. My second time was because I decided to give a second chance. I ask for a shrimp quesadilla. It was dreadful. The whole quesadillas was covered by fried onion, I think half of the quesadilla was onion. Shirmps were over cooked, maybe passed several times through the microwave. In conclusion, I will never come back. Service is friendly and the view staying in the patio is very good. Restaurant looks like a great place to eat good food, but it's not true. By the way, I asked for tamale, it's a typical food from Mexico, and the server said, they are no too good :-(

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Benton Harbor, Michigan
“Greet views average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

The view of the lake is what makes this restaurant. With outdoor seating looking over lake Michigan it's great. The food is pretty typical Mexican. The menu at El rodeo in Benton harbor is similar but El Rodeo makes it better. However, this place has a better atmosphere.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Great location with lake view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Outside patio is great to enjoy food or drinks and watch the sunset.
Food was ok not great but, location is great.

Visited August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“So pleasant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful view from patio, great lunch prices. I ordered the shrimp fajita. There were 18 shrimp on my plate with green peppers and onions. These were regular sized shrimp (31-40 per lb) Delicious! Came with salad, rice and refrained beans.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Not for us on this particular day”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Some of the previous reviews were correct. We had been traveling most of the day and we were more than ready for a great meal. This is an extremely eye catching restaurant from the street with a spectacular looking outdoor patio. However, upon entering the restaurant we could not help to notice the overwhelming musty smell. We did not have to wait to be seated because there were plenty of open tables. We did sit down but decided not to stay because of the odor. Please remember that we did not eat here so I would recommend you to read reviews of others that did eat at this restaurant because it does sound like many have had good experiences.

• Visited July 2013