“Good service, excellent breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Macomb, Michigan
“Good service, excellent breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

When I checked into the hotel, the clerk was nice and professional. He granted my request for a 3rd floor, lakeview room. There was no elevator in the building I stayed in, but stairs don't bother me. I thought the room spacious and the lake view was nice, but if I stay at this hotel again, I'll opt to save a few dollars and either get a partial lake view or none at all since I didn't think it was a big deal. Since I stayed during the off season, I could tell the room hadn't been used in awhile since I found some dead bugs in the bathtub. I'm sure if I called the front desk, they would have taken care of the problem right away, but I decided to quickly clean the tub myself. Also, the bathroom door didn't shut completely and I thought the bathroom could have used a ventilating fan. The bed, however, was very comfortable and I thought the breakfast the next morning was excellent--in fact, one of the best breakfasts I ever had a hotel. The quality and variety are sure to please most people. Overall, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Fort Wayne, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This is one of the nicest hotels in which we've stayed. Super clean, super staff. We were there for two nights, and were amazed by the facility. Eleven acres and multiple buildings. There were two tour bus groups staying at the hotel. One of which were grade school kids. We barely knew they were there. I recommend that you request the Ontario building as it is the closest to the lake and the furthest from the road. I cannot say enough how impressed we are by the hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Warren, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We come up to the area a couple times a year and stay at various hotels. By far this was the nicest and cleanest. Let me first start off by saying that I have stayed at Best Westerns in the past and haven't been impressed. Since this particular hotel had the highest reviews in the area we thought we would give it a try. We booked the first night it was opened for the season. We were only in the area to gamble at the Kewadin Casino (yes we drove 4 hours just to gamble even though we have three casino's pratically in our backyard). We got a room with a partial view. It was ten dollars cheaper and that was ten more dollars to put in a slot machine. Plus we figured we didn't really need a view since we really weren't going to be in the room very long. Got to the hotel at 11 pm and the gentleman at the front desk was extremely friendly. He was very personable and told us he gave us one of the better rooms. Again as long as it was clean it didn't really matter what it looked like. Room 257 in the Ontario building (there are a few different buildings in the complex). We opened up the door and boy were we surprised. The room and bathroom was HUGE. It was a corner room which gave us the balcony plus another set of windows on the outside wall. The bed and pillows were very comfortable (great night sleep). In the morning looking at the room more closely in the natural light, there were a couple of things I noticed. One was the carpeting. Looked like it was brand new. The balcony was spotless, not a cobweb in site (oh by the way the view was great). I want to point this out because I feel it is important to stress the cleanlest of the entire room. There wasn't a spec of dust anywhere. Upon checking out we were treated with the same friendlyness as we had received upon check in.
Because of this stay it has changed my view of this chain. I will defintly be staying here everytime I come to the U.P.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Fort Myers Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Typically not a Best Western customer but saw other great reviews so we stayed. Wow location great customer service room was perfect. Very very pleased. Loved it! We would highly recommend staying here if you plan to go to Mackinaw Island. Forget the overpriced out of date tourist trap hotels on the island and stay here instead. Take the ferry over for the day and return to this great hotel. We will be back

• Stayed May 2013
Saint Ignace, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Front desk staff was exceptional. T R & S are amazing :)
Now telling me i have to at least write 200 wrods minimum so here i go.
Great place great staff, Loved the time spent there. Smokers are sometimes a pain, but BWPHP does a great job with personal attention to anything needed. Whether it be towels, garbages, or just over all stopping by on the lawn to ask how we are doing. Never a hard day when stay with the staff of BWPHP :)

GENATALIA!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Centuria, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My best friend and I take a trip every two years and we had the good fortune of choosing this Best Western for our stay in St. Ignace. We came to see Mackinac Island but could easily have just hung out in our room. They have a fire pit for all to enjoy down by the water, good parking and although you are in town it is very quiet.

Our second night we had a message when we returned to our room. A group of teenagers were in town for a sporting event and they were staying in our building (they have several buildings on the property for guests) The staff member asked us if we would like to move to a building closer to the water to ensure a quiet night. Naturally we agreed. How wonderful that they were this considerate!!!! I am certain we were upgraded in the process to a much nicer room with a patio. We now found ourselves right by the water with a patio for quick access. The Canadian geese were entertaining us with their little ones and we enjoyed the fire pit.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone heading to the Upper Peninsula. The rooms were clean and bright and there is no bad room to have.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Brookville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have vacationed in the UP for over 15 years. Many of these years I have stayed at The Best Western Plus Harbour Pointe Lakefront. An easy drive to everywhere and great access to the island. The rooms are always clean and the beds sleep great. Accommodations for large families is a breeze with their 2 and 3 bedroom suites. Breakfast each morning with a good variety of hot and cold selections, saves on the need to go out and find something to eat. A nice walk along the water front puts St Ignace downtown in reach. The boardwalk along the lake gives you a time to enjoy the view of the lake or brings you up on the historical past of this area. After staying here I find myself not wanting to return home.

Room Tip: When a large number of family needs a place to stay, try one of the family suites. Lots of room with...