“Number 2 is #1 in my book” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn

You added Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn to your Saves list
Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1067 North State St. / I-75, Saint Ignace, MI 49781 (Formerly Days Inn & Suites Saint Ignace Lakefront)   |
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Perrysburg, Ohio
“Number 2 is #1 in my book”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2007

I initially tried to book our stay at the #1 rated hotel by Trip Advisor but was disappointed that there weren't any rooms available. I then booked with the #2 rated Days Inn which was $10.00 cheaper for the same King/nonsmoking Balcony Lakefront AWESOME view which made it #1 in my book . We were pleasantly surprised that there was an ADULT ONLY hot tub area room separate from the indoor pool area. The breakfast room is pefectly fine with an outside large balcony and picnic table available for extra seating if needed. We also ate dinner next door at the steakhouse which had the best prime rib and the absolute best perch ever for great prices.

• Liked — Private balconies with fantastic view of the lake and sunrise
  • Disliked — no bathroom fan
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Central Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2007

Excellent View of Lake Superior and Mackinac Island. Rooms were above average size, very clean. The Breakfast room seemed EXTREMELY small for the size of the hotel but did have the typical breakfast foods. The only thng I wish was that the pool was a little shallower at the shallow end the small kids could not touch the bottom. Overall very nice would stay there again.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — Poor internet connection, depth of pool for younger kids
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Michigan, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2006

Stayed here for 2 nights and had a great time. The room was larger than average with a great balcony offering superb views. Nice pool. Breakfast basic but okay. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Newaygo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2006

The Days Inn Lakefront & Suites was a wonderful place to stay. The room was very clean, spacious, and a beautiful view of the lake. I usually bring along some anti bacterial wipes or spray, when I stay in a hotel, however this time I left them behind. My plan was to check in, go to the store to purchase such wipes, then clean as usual before I would feel comfortable. However, as I walked into this room, looked around, I noticed how clean, and organized it all was. I never did buy any cleaning detergents, and had a very comfortable stay. This was the very first time I have ever felt comfortable at a hotel without cleaning it myself first. Outstanding! The first words out of my mouth as I opened the door was "wow, this is nice." The staff was very friendly, and made us feel like we were at home. Now for the view from the balcony of our room.... how beautiful! I thought maybe you would have to pay an extraordinary price for this view, but I was wrong. I would stand there and watch the waves come rolling in, it was lovely, and peaceful. I had a wonderful time there, and will choose this hotel the next time we go again. Thank you.

• Liked — Very clean room.
  • Disliked — I wish there were more restaraunts to choose from that were closer.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
Pulaski, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2006

At first we went in the room and it seemed dark and small, and didn't have the rollaway we asked for. I wasn't impressed. We questioned it and it was brought over in a few minutes with a big smile, extra towels, pillows, etc. The room was very clean. The pool was also really clean and the water was nice and warm!! We jumped right in each time. The staff was very friendly and went the extra step to make us happy. Coincidentally, our son also spilled his drink as happened in a previous review. The man working there got a cloth right away and cleaned it up and asked if he could do anything else. No complaints. Both days it was an older gentleman working there so maybe the crabby lady is gone. Breakfast was muffins, cereal, toast, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, bagels, oatmeal, etc. It ended up being a delightful little hotel and we will gladly go there again next year for the same event. Incidentally, our rate was $89.00 a night. The layout isn't that of a 5-star, but the hospitality and cleanliness are first rate.

Stayed July 2006
Mentor, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2006

Traveling just after Labor Day was the best time. Our room was spacious (king bed), although not a suite, we did have a small frige, but the view was the best. My husband is into telescopes so the private balcony was perfect. With a sliding-glass wall, we slept with the door open every night. With the sound of the waves and birds, it was just the most pleasant, relaxing experience I had in a long time. Will definitely return to the area and if possible, to this hotel!

• Liked — The view of Lake Huron
  • Disliked — Small bathroom
  • Tips/Secrets — Book early or off season
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2006

This was the 12th lodging location in a 5000+ mile driving trip. I expected a routine room. What I found was a large, comfortable oasis with a balcony overlooking Mackinac Island. The staff was welcoming and helpful, especially in arranging for us to be picked-up for an early-morning catamaran ride to the Island. Though it's located a bit down the road from the center of St. Ignace' activities, it's by no means inconvenient. And, since every room has a balcony and a water view, it's a peaceful retreat in any otherwise somewhat busy vacation community.

• Stayed July 2006

Been to Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn? Share your experiences!