“Very Nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn

You added Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn to your Saves list
Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1067 North State St. / I-75, Saint Ignace, MI 49781 (Formerly Days Inn & Suites Saint Ignace Lakefront)   |
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

This is the first time we stayed in St.Ignace, chose Days Inn via the internet.
When we got to our room, it was very clean & homey.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Kentwood, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2008

I stayed at the Days Inn Bridgeview in Mackinaw City and it was a nice hotel. I figured that this one would be the same. The room was typical for a hotel in this class. It was clean and not beat up. Everything in the room worked and the maids did a good job keeping the room clean. I had a problem with connecting to the wi-fi and contacted the 1-800 tech line. They said it appeared to be an equipment problem in the hotel and they contacted the front desk asking them to reset the wireless. They told him they would not and he told me he put a request in for the manager to contact him. For my 3 day stay the wi-fi didn't work or was very intermittent. A big problem as I had work to do. I went to a local restaurant and connected with no problem (my laptop wasn't the problem). I went through the process the card in the room said to if there was problems and it didn't get resolved. I stayed at the Quality Inn just down the road in earlier stays and had no wi-fi problems. I'll probably stay there in future trips to St. Ignace. On the positive, the laundry room was a nice feature. Typical coin op washer/dryer, two sets. The pool and hot tub were busy the time I was there but I never made it down to use them. Nice view of Lake Huron from the rooms.

• Stayed August 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2008

This is a lovely Days Inn. The staff was great, room very clean, pool in great condition, breakfast bar always supplied and the view from the private balcony was so nice. It is quite there in Sepember and we enjoyed coming back after a day of sightseeing to our room.

• Liked — Location oif room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Detroit
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

Liked the space in our 3 queen bed room. Clean, no frills, not a new building. Nice view, but lakefront is bushes, rocks. Staff was nice. Continental breakfast was fine for me, but the kids wanted more to choose from. Nice location near attractions.

• Liked — LOCATION
  • Disliked — HARD BED
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2008

We just stayed at the Days Inn & Suites in St. Ignace in a 2 bed Queen Suite. On first glance the hotel room was spacious and the view of Lake Huron & Mackinaw Island was beautiful. We were on the first floor and had a sliding glass door out onto the lakefront property complete with a small playground for children. However, the problems started at night time when we tried to sleep. You could hear everything from the room above us. It sounded like elephants walking above us! We could hear them open and close their sliding door and we could hear them flush their toilet and take a shower. We could hear people walking outside in the hallway from the front room where the children were sleeping (again, very loud because the floors are hollow in the hallway). The Wifi was a joke- I was able to receive emails but could not surf the internet at all due to how poor the signal was in our room. So, don't let the free WIFI impress you- it's not all that! Maybe it's better in some rooms versus others and it should be asked about at the front desk when you check in. The "Deluxe" breakfast is not deluxe at all! The breakfast included 4 cereals, english muffins, and mini muffins and some hard boiled eggs in a bowl. That's it! I guess it was free but it was not deluxe by any stretch of the imagination. I don't think any of the hotels are all that spectacular in St. Ignace so I didn't have high expectations but I do expect to get a good nights sleep and unfortunately it was way too noisy at this hotel. We even had a sound machine in the kids room, I was wearing ear plugs, and I still heard everything the people above us did. If you choose to stay here you need to ask for a QUIET top floor room with good WIFI signals and plan to have small breakfast and get a big lunch on the island! Wish I knew all this before we checked in! Maybe I can save someone else the trouble. I would also recommend staying one night on the island (Friday night) an then Saturday night at a place in St. Ignace. Main Street Inn & Suites looked very nice when we toured it & it was top rated on this website. Good Luck

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — That you have to request a top floor so you can get some sleep in quiet!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

Nothing to get real excited about except that is great view of Lake Huron and the pool was absolutely packed with kids. Rooms were average--plenty of pillows but on the noisy side. Typical Days Inn

Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

Read the reviews before making reservation, but the reviews were so old that I thought maybe the issues mentioned would have been taken care of by now. Then the review of someone staying over the 4th of July came in (unfortunately after we had made our reservation) and I became really concerned. Couldn't get reservations at any other motel in the area - with a room we could afford - so we went to the Days Inn hoping for the best. It is the worst Motel we have ever stayed at. We were on the lower floor (E151) and it smelled like an old wet basement in the halls and our room smelled TERRIBLE. It was supposed to be a non-smoking room. It was obviously a smoking room not too long before we stayed there. There was even a burn mark on the tub where someone had laid their cigarette. I questioned this at the front desk and the Manager himself said it was a non-smoking room and did not offer to make any changes. We had to spray perfume every day just to tolerate the smell. Fridge was VERY small and sitting on the floor! 1 cup coffee maker was sitting on top of the fridge. We had to sit on the floor to use either appliance - yuck. Continental breakfast was not anything to get excited about either, other than the lady who ran it being very friendly. It also opens up too late. Two days we needed to leave at 6:30-7:00 a.m. - it didn't open until 7:00 a.m. We had to grab breakfast elsewhere on the way. Needless to say, we cancelled our 4th night as we just couldn't stand the place any longer and booked a room for less at the Best Western in Petoskey, MI - which seemed like a President's Suite compared to what we had just experienced at the Days Inn in St. Ignace. Don't waste your money - there are much nicer places for the same price, or even less - you will just have to make reservations early during the busy season!

• Liked — The View of Lake Huron and Mackinac Island
  • Disliked — Smell of the room - Hotel Ammenties Misleading
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn? Share your experiences!