“Great rate/clean room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 31 Hotels in Saint Ignace
East Lansing, MI
“Great rate/clean room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This was our second time staying here. If I was planning on staying more in my room, I may have chose a different motel but since we are sightseeing, it is perfect. The location is great. You can walk everywhere. It is very laid back, both times people were sitting outside the rooms talking. Never loud enough to keep me up. The room was very clean. Needs updating!!! I guess they have breakfast, my husband went down and generally will bring something back and came back shaking his head. I don't remember them having one last year so I give them kudos for trying. On a great note, I had two (2) regular coffee's in my room with my coffee maker so I didn't have to find more coffee first thing in the morning.

At least in the room I was in.....no fridge, microwave and CLOCK! The TV was VERY small and only a handful of channels. We brought our apple TV which saved us at night. Bring extra pillows and blankets if you think you may need them.

Every time I go to St. Ignace without kids or looking for a romantic night out..we plan on staying here.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lake on the 2nd floor have a great view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips

Been to Thunderbird Motor Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Thunderbird Motor Inn

Address: 10 South State Street, Saint Ignace, MI 49781
Ranked #27 of 31 Hotels in Saint Ignace
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Thunderbird Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Thunderbird Motor Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.