“Excellent hotel and extremly wonderful staff.” 5 of 5 stars

1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   700 N State St, Saint Ignace, MI 49781   |
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lake City, Michigan
“Excellent hotel and extremly wonderful staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

I stay at this hotel when I visit my family in town. They have excellent rooms that are clean and spacious for my family. I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. This has many ammentinies to suit my family. I also love the fact that this hotel offers wi-fi and cable. I recommend this hotel to all my friends and family visiting the wonderful town of St.Ignace, Michigan.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
StIggyBudHost, Director of Sales at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Thank you for your review. We host many guests who come to visit their families here and it is always a joy to have our old friends come home and stay with us. We appreciate your continued business and look forward to accommodating you in the furure.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Holland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

Every year we always go back to the Budget Host in St. Ignace. We've never had a bad stay there. Nice indoor pool and hot tub, good breakfast, clean rooms, and friendly staff always ready to give directions and excellent vacation advice. Close proximity to downtown, restaurants, shopping, and ferry service for Mackinac Island. Just Perfect.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review. It is always appreciated when guests tell us how we are doing. We take it very seriously. Thank you and we hope to see you soon.
MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

We are frequent guest of the Budget Host and I hesitate to be negative but things did not go well this past trip. Started out with a phone call in route telling us that our previously reserved suite was now not available due to a guest not checking out & spending another night in the room. The motel was 100% booked that evening and so we were given the last suite, which happened to be the handicapped unit. It worked out for us, the only thing lacking was a couch. The suite price was discounted a bit more than was quoted to me when I made the reservation. I can certainly understand that things happen, so we made the best of it & it worked out OK.
But what happened next, there is really no excuse for. The following day we left the room by 7:30AM. We returned at 3PM and the room had not been touched by housekeeping. We did approach the front desk & was told that the staff was still working. In fact we did see 2 girls working in the rooms right next to ours. We left again shortly after 3PM and returned at 7:30. No housekeeping had been done. We again approached the front desk and explained the situation. The clerk was sorry, and did bring us down towels and emptied the trash. She did make up one bed & I previously had made up the second as we needed to sit on it. There was also an offer for a small discount on that nights rate.
We normally love the Budget Host, but this trip just didnt go so well. For the money we pay, I do expect houskeeping every day and I dont think that is asking too much.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
StIggyBudHost, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 26, 2011
Thank you for reviewing us again on Tripadvisor. You stay with us a lot, and we appreciate your business. We did our best to take care of the problem during your stay, and sometimes things happen that are out of anyone's control. Thank you for understanding.
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

The Budget Host Inn just seems to be your basic budget motel. It’s just that it is way better than most. The room was clean and comfortable. A reasonable breakfast and high-speed internet are included. The staff was helpful and very friendly. There is a good reason why Budget Host Inn is the top rated motel - it’s not the price; it’s the quality.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We strive to provide quality accommodations for our guests and we appreciate your comments.
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

My husband, dog, cat and I toured the UP and spent one night in St. Ignace. We went to the Best Western, but they didn't allow pets, so they directed us to the Budget Host Inn. We got a jacuzzi room with a balcony for less than $100! The room was a great location, we were able to load and unload the car right in front of the room. The room was very large and the jacuzzi was great for my dogs water therapy! We even received a 20% off coupon for a return trip that we are sure to make!!! Thanks for being "pet friendly"-- our dog has been to 48 states with us and now, at 14 and with many health issues, it is nice to have a staff understand that she is my child and treat her as such. We'll never stay anywhere else!!!! I've stayed at the Ritz, the Four Seasons, Le Meridian etc.... and this is my place in St. Ignace.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for those comments. We are happy to accommodate our guests who travel with their pets. We know how important they are to you. Thank you for your review.
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

What makes this hotel great? Simply put, VALUE. My wife and I arrived in St. Ignace with no hotel reservations. Once in town, we stopped at 4 hotels searching for a place to stay for the night. The front desk at Budget Host was exceptionally interested in our business. She was competent, caring, and convincing. We decided to stay. We payed about $65 for the room. Now, I am a Marriott platinum member (I stay in a LOT of Marriott hotels throughout the year). Why does that matter? Because this Budge Host was cleaner than any Marriott property I've ever stayed at! The bathroom was fresh, the carpet was clean, and there was no dust where usually there is dust in a room! The TV worked great. The hot tub and pool, also VERY clean, were the perfect temperature. We arrived late, and the pool area closed at 11 (keep in mind, most other hotels closed their pool area at 10). But, the front desk said it would be o.k. to stay in the hot tub past 11 (we didn't end up staying in the hot tub that long, but what a nice gesture on the staff's part). The next morning, my bill was CORRECT, and checkout was fast. A+ at this property. Stay there.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for giving us an A+. We have a very friendly staff who are here to help in any way we can with your comfort and your overall experience. Thank you for noting our cleanliness and our willingness to go over and beyond for our guests.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

Room was very nice, clean and an exxcellent value. staff is very courteous and friendly. shuttle to and from the casino. our room had a private balcony with an awesome view of the water, the pool, whirpool & fireworks on saturday was a pleasant bonus.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We never tire of hearing that we are getting it "right". Thanks and we hope to accommodate you again.

Been to Budget Host Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!