“One of the good old time motels!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vitek's Motel

Vitek's Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Ignace
Vitek's Motel
980 N State Steet, Saint Ignace, MI 49781   |
Ranked #9 of 27 hotels in Saint Ignace
Troy, New York
“One of the good old time motels!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Stayed here last October as the season was ending. This is the only motel I have ever stayed at, where even though I made a reservation, the owner personally took me out to look over the motel before I took it! Nothing special, but clean affordable and great owners. If it was not for that bridge, I'd probably go to the UP and stay here for more vacations!

Room Tip: Call up and talk with the owner! great to work with!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

I wish I had a word that was not quite as cliche as "charming" but that's the word that keeps popping up when I think of Vitek's. It's a true mom & pop that's been well maintained and is squeaky clean. Great value and great location. I was rather wishy washy about going to Mackinac Island and it was the nearness of this motel to the ferries that got me thinking seriously about it so that I actually did do a day trip there. Some good eating within walking distance and much more with only a short drive.

I actively seek out independent motels and enjoy most that I find but Vitek's is a notch above. Both classic and classy.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Vermontville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

No frills, but rooms are spotlessly clean, pleasant atmosphere, windows you can actually open and capture the nice lake breeze. Beds feel like new, cable TV included. She lets you check out the room before taking your credit card and makes sure everything is satisfactory. And yes, she offers to fill your cooler with ice on the way out. At these rates, we can afford to go on vacation there again.

Room Tip: They're all the best.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

I've been making Vitek's my "home" in St. Ignace for a few years now, and why not?

On our last arrival (July 4th holiday), we got our "usual" room, were greeted with hugs, and made to feel like we were genuinely welcome. (Which we are.) What other motel is going to fill your cooler with ice while you're out, so your drinks don't get warm? We love Hildegard and Art. Warm folks, but enforce the peace too. While we were there, some younger folks (staying in the Cabins, not the motel proper) got their stereo a little loud, and Hildy was right there, gently enforcing the peace.

As always, inexpensive, clean, quiet (or else), and just a darn friendly and nice place to stay. Save some money (and spend it instead at the nearby casino or on some Mackinac fudge or even a pasty) and stay here. You won't regret it.

Did I mention they also have cabins? Yep... if you want a *real* "up north" experience, ask to see a cabin, which are complete throwbacks to late 40's/early 50's northern Michigan. They're quite nice, and very vintage!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

Yet another trip to St. Ignace, and another stay at Vitek's. As always, the owner (and her husband) was so friendly and helpful, the room clean as a whistle, and my stay (this time for 2 days) completely enjoyable. I can't say enough good about this place. A real "Mom-n-Pop" operation, where you're a person, not just another guest.

Leave the cookie cutter chains behind, and the other overpriced lodging. Get back to travel the way it used to be and give this place a try. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I also recommend "Java Joe's" directly across the street for breakfast. Really good food at reasonable prices, and only steps out your door.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

Vitek's is a nice, old style "Mom-n-Pop" motel. The owner was very friendly, and she had no problem letting us check out a room prior to putting down the plastic. (If you encounter any motel owner that hesitates to do so, move on!)

This is no frills. No fridge, no microwave, just a clean room, clean bathroom, and a good bed. Cable TV, quiet as all heck at night, and a very reasonable rate.

If you're in St. Ignace and need a place to stay, or are visiting Mackinaw City and don't want to pay their inflated rates, you could do a lot worse than Vitek's. I know we'll be returning.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Vitek's Motel? Share your experiences!