Spent an evening here before departing by ferry for a conference on Mackinaw Island. in mid- September. Fair warning, the front desk clerk conceded that St. Igance "season" was pretty much over and few shops and resturants would be open.
Must say the hotel desk person was very helpful with a reservation problem and the morning breakfast (as usual) was very filling and good as per other Comfort Inn Stays however,
The front dest reception area was located near the roadway. You checked in then drove down a bit (toward the "beachside" area) to park your car and then find your room. All rooms were in this separate building "disconnected" from the lobby area. I found this to be inconvient. I was loath to cross the parking lot and walk some distance to this other building to ask a question, use a computer and /or find some coffee or a snack.
The layout of the building that held the rooms was somewhat weird. You needed to walk down a long hall way and then walk down about 5 steps for rooms at the far end. I had a large luggage and this was somewhat difficult.
Also, in this "room" building there was no where to get coffee, food or snacks. I t would have been great if there were a small kitchen (to heat up popcorn or a snack), find coffee or snack machines.
I ended up having to "back track" before I came to St. Ignace to find food at the local Burgar King because there were no small resturants in St.Ignace proper.
Finally, the rooms "faced" the lakefront which was nice, but my room seemed a bit "worn" and tatty. I think the hotel roooms could use an update. My room didn't feel special in any regard.
I probably wouldn't use this hotel again though I have found Comfort Inns pretty nice generally.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Beachside Hotel
- Comfort Inn Beachside Hotel Saint Ignace
- Comfort Inn Saint Ignace
- Saint Ignace Comfort Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy this lovely resort hotel from your private balcony as you look out at Mackinaw Island and the bay. In the winter we have snowmobile packages available as we are located next to the trail. Enjoy relaxing in our large indoor pool and spa. The Sauna is exhilerating after a cold day on the trail. Ask about our Mackinw Island vacation package and the casino package. casino shuttles are free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Expedia, Venere, Tingo, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Comfort Inn Beachside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.