“Food was just ok” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Michigan
“Food was just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We ate dinner here on our recent trip to Michigan's Upper Peninsula. We split the steak and surf! upgraded to prime rib with shrimp. It was just ok, not the best or the worst we've ever eaten. I was disappointed in the number of shrimp, only 3. The steak was huge though. We sat in the back and were able to see the Saturday night fireworks over Lake Huron which was nice. I would not eat here again since there are much better choices in St Ignace.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Very Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Our family of 5 went to this restaurant on a Wednesday evening. We were happy with our service. The food was okay. It was probably the cheapest restaurant for seafood. The fish and chips were okay. The restaurant atmosphere is poor. A lot more could be done to the atmosphere, especially with the lake just steps away from the restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jackson, Michigan, United States
“Rude, rude, rude!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

IHORRIBLE customer service. I've been a waitress, so I cut restaurants a lot of slack, but tonight, my family and I were actually insulted by the manager of this restaurant. It looked like a nice, family-friendly place. Busy-so we expected a bit of a wait. Were told 20 minutes. Waited 45 while they sat many groups of 2,3, and 4 and made my family of 6 wait rather than push two tables together. Once we were seated (no apology for the wait), we were already ready to order. After waiting 10 minutes at the table without being acknowledged-no water, no greeting...I asked the waitress at the next table, who was bussing, who are waitress was. She snapped that she was and that she would get to me as soon as she could. I went up to the desk to speak to the manager, who didn't even let me get through my complaint before he said he'd check with the waitress. He came back and told me she was busy, but she'd get to me soon, so my family got up to leave. As we were leaving, he called out, "There's a McDonald's up the street that will get you right in." I couldn't believe it! This area is known for it's tourism, and I've never had a bad dining experience at any other restaurant in Mackinaw City of St. Ignace.

• Visited August 2014
“Just don't go.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Host told everyone the wait would be 20 minutes. Ours like many were much longer. We had a party of 6 couldn't seem to accommodate this large party. After a 40 minute wait we were seated for 10 minutes no waitress in sight. When we asked about it our waitress snapped at us to be patient. Complaints to management and they sided with waitress. Never actually ate at this joint left before ruining the whole night.

South Bend, Indiana
“Good fare and food for price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by the hotel. It was an ok place neither wonderful nor bad just average. They had a pretty wide variety of food on the menu, lots of fish specials if you want to try local. I noticed lots of those around us had good looking meals and ours was just as good. We noticed lots of decent priced specials and a really good deal on a breakfast for 5 dollars. There are not a lot of food choices here and this was a decent place to visit. We paid about 25 dollars for two and I consider that decent.