“Loved our stay at The Cedars Motel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Cedars Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Ignace
The Cedars Motel
You added The Cedars Motel to your Saves list
2040 I-75 Business Loop, Saint Ignace, MI 49781   |
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Loved our stay at The Cedars Motel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We had a great stay at the Cedars Motel. The rooms were clean and comfy. The fact that it is out of town made it nice and quiet. The store across the street was convenient. Tim & Kathy are great hosts! The breakfast was nice, the bonfire was fun and the use of the grill was greatly appreciated. This is a great place to stay at a great value! I chose it for the price, the Bon fire, the great information of where to go on their website and the breakfast. I was not disappointed! Highly recommend it and we will be back!

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Durand, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We have been staying at the The Cedar's since 2008. If I am at the Bridge or near St. Ignace, it's where we stay. Kathy and Tim are wonderful hosts and the motel takes me back to my childhood with nightly campfires. Rooms neat and clean and nice complimentary breakfast. You can't beat the value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
MacGregor, Manitoba canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed there two nights and we couldn't ask much more for the price. The room was very clean, with a queen bed and two arm chairs plus a fireplace. This a family operated motel. The owners were very friendly and helpful as we planned a day on MacKinac Island. There was a BQ there for our use and they even offered condiments if we needed. The breakfast was quite adequate . We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Voiceunderground
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

The only place I would ever go in St. Ignace is the only place I have ever stayed in St. Ignace. This is the only place you need to know! The Cedars was the third motel I stayed in for the past Memorial Day weekend and was by far the best! It was clear from the phone call to make the reservation that I'd picked the right place.
The room was simply incredible. Incredibly clean, incredibly comfortable and incredibly modern. The rooms are decorated in the style of a cabin with wood-panel walls and an electric fireplace. The bathroom was spotless and the bed was quite nice.
The owners take great pride in their establishment and do a phenomenal job at the upkeep. After the friendly booking, check-in and chatting I was more than happy to do them the favor of bringing back take-out menus from a new restaurant that had just opened down the street.
The only thing to forewarn travelers about might be the parking lot. The motel is compact and the parking lot is quite tight. I would imagine when it is fully booked that backing out must be accomplished very carefully.
This was the only place I'd stayed all weekend that offered continental breakfast. Sitting down in the office to breakfast and chatting with the owners and several other guests was a great way to kick off the long drive home.
Wow! All this for a mere $39/night plus tax. I challenge anyone to stay in a chain hotel and get all this for that price!

Room Tip: Ask for one with a fireplace!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed here the first weekend the Cedars Motel opened the season for 2012. This motel is a gem. Not one of those cookie cutter chain hotels. I wanted to stay at a small mom and pop place with personality, this motel had that and more. The motel is very clean and well maintained we stayed in one of the units with a fireplace. I slept like a baby. Hosts Kathy and Tim were great even went out of their way to provide a glutten free breakfast cereal. Planning to come back next year, can't wait.

Room Tip: We stayed in Unit #3
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

We stayed here for two nights in October and paid only $45 per night. The room was extremely clean. The owner's were very friendly and helpful. The location is a couple miles north of "downtown" St. Ignace, so it's not really within walking distance to all of the stores and restaurants - but at the same time, I think that makes it a little quieter.
The only thing we were a little unhappy about was the smell of the room - it smelled like a room that used to allow smoking and no longer did, but the smell of old cigarette smoke was still in there. There was an air freshener, but it didn't help a lot. Once we were in the room for a little while you got used to it and didn't really smell it, but we noticed it each time we came in.
Also, the bathroom was very clean, but it was nowhere near as new and spacious as the photo posted by another reviewer. It was a very old-fashioned bathroom - the sink didn't have any counter space around, just a sink, it so there wasn't much space to set anything you were using like toothpaste, contact solution, etc. The shower was very small and dark. But again, it was all spotlessly clean and it served its purpose while we were there.
We probably would stay again, but with so many motels in the area, we also want to try out a couple other options in the future.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Lake Odessa, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

What a great place to stay. I would recommend staying here to friends. Very affordable, a comfortable queen bed, a couple of chairs, table and a lamp for relaxing, coffee maker, fridge and microwave. The room was well maintained. I called about an hour before arriving and Tim turned the heat on in the room. Kathy was very welcoming when I checked in. I look forward to staying at The Cedars Motel again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to The Cedars Motel? Share your experiences!