“Customer service is not a priority” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Detroit, Michigan
“Customer service is not a priority”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have gotten carry out from Fishbones on a few occasions. The attitude and competence of the staff and management leave something to be desired. Recently, I phoned in an order and when I went to pick it up, the hostess/cashier had rung up the wrong order. When I pointed this out, she started to argue that she had the order right and that I had not ordered what I said I'd ordered. When I finally convinced her that I certainly hadn't ordered what was prepared, she grudgingly agreed to "check with a manager." The manager, Barry, never came to talk to me or to offer any explanation or apology. I had to sit and wait for 20 more minutes while they got the order fixed. Again, no apology for the inconvenience. Then the soup orders that were provided were significantly smaller than the portions served when one dines in. All in all, it seems they really don't care much about customer satisfaction. I do like the food which is why I tolerate the poor service, but they could certainly improve the place with a better attitude.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Braintree, Massachusetts
“Another Restaurant With Poor Management”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My new pet peeve is restaurants that are poorly managed to the point that it ruins the overall experience. In this case, our group of 22, with reservations, was given a single server. Who allows that to happen? The server did his best, but I would have had at least 2 more drinks if the service had been better. He had runners help with the food delivery, but then 22 people had a single guy to ask for a drink, a fresh napkin, to address a problem with an order, etc. I wanted a side of rice and had almost finished my meal before it was brought.

That said, the food and atmosphere was quite good. I have been to the Southfield and Detroit locations since they opened, but really began to avoid them as the food quality deteriorated over time. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality last week. I broke my rule against having sushi outside of top drawer sushi restaurants (b/c they know how to handle raw fish) and had the sushi bowl. Nice, fresh, large selection for $28. If I don't contract Hep C, it was a good deal. Good ginger salad. Tried my wife's jambalaya which was fabulous. The fried zucchini and BBQ shrimp were excellent appetizers. Next time in town I would try this again. (Someone speak to the manager, OK?)

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
roseville, MI
“Apathetic staff. Poor service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were here on a Saturday evening with a group of 10, taking the shuttle to and from a Tigers game. After returning from the game, we attempted to obtain a table for our group . It was getting later in the evening ( 9 P.M.), and the dinner crowd was clearing out. We requested a table for our group, and were told that a manager would have to be consulted. After an hour of buying drinks at the outside bar with no real response from the wait staff to seat us, we left and went elsewhere. I would have imagined that a group of people obviously ready to spend money would be seated and waited on at some point!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Detroit, Michigan
“KInd of decent.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I like the atmosphere of this place. The sushi is pretty decent, the portions are good. Good place to bring the kids early. Fun.

Visited March 2012
Elmira
“Huge resturant but great service & menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

For a large restaurant the food and service was surprisingly good, the plastic cups in the patio were a little disappointing, but other then that it was a very good experience, the menu has so many choices it hard to decide, we would definitely recommend try this place even though we prefer a smaller quieter atmosphere this felt like a smaller restaurant.

• Visited September 2012