“Great Night Life!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brownie's on the Lake

Brownie's on the Lake
24214 Jefferson Ave, Saint Clair Shores, MI 48080 (Formerly Jack's Waterfront Restaurant)
(586) 445-8080
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Michigan
“Great Night Life!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

A fun place to have a few drinks, dance, or listen to a band! Bar-tenders were really friendly and fun! I want to go back to Saint Clair Shores just to go back to Brownies!

• Visited July 2012

Chesterfield, Michigan
“This restaurant has been under rated!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I recently spent months planning my daughter's wedding shower. I decided I wanted to have it at a restaurant with a private room, and visited many places, comparing venues, prices, location, etc. When I walked into the small back room (Seats about 50) at Brownies on the Lake, I knew I'd found my venue. The room is surrounded by huge windows overlooking a gorgeous view of a marina. There was a wide half wall off to one side, perfect for decorations that could later be turned into a bridal gift opening assembly line. Beyond the half wall was a bar (Closed for our event) that I knew could house the gifts as they were brought in. The room was light and airy, perfect for my water loving daughter's celebration. I went home from that initial visit, planning to call back the next day with my credit card to book our event. As a final precaution. I decided to check the reviews of therestaurant, and was dismayed to find so many poor ones. Still, I loved that little room..so I decided to go back and eat there myself to see what it was like. Once, twice, three times. I took various people, and we ordered various things...mostly items that I knew were on the catering menu as well. Every single time the food was delicious and the service exceptional. Needless to say, I booked my event for June 2nd, 2012, and am still getting rave reviews from the people who attended. Barb, one of the managers, was very nice to work with. Judy, our head waitress, along with two other women kept soft drinks coming , beginning when a few of us came early to decorate, and throughout the event, providing extraordinary service. One of our chosen entrees was a Michigan salad with chicken, dried cherries, walnuts and raspberry vinegrette dressing. Yes, I know, most restaurants have some version of this, but Brownies portrayal is exceptional...a huge portion with lovely crisp greens, and a nicely grilled chicken breast on top made a beautiful presentation. We also ordered a pretzel club sandwich that came with french fries, and a buffalo chicken salad that many women ordered and loved. A bread basket (Warm and homemade tasting) was included, as well as unlimited softdrinks, coffee, and tea. We took in our own cupcakes, and Brownies provided the small chocolate sundaes to go with it at a more than competitive price... believe me, I shopped around. We are not often in the St. Clair Shores area, but when I am, we will most certainly be back to visit Brownies. I don't understand some of the previous reviews, but find that it's human nature to be quicker to complain than to praise. i must admit that this is the first time I've taken time to review a place myself, though I've had many positive experiences at restaurants. What motivated me to take time to write this one is that I couldn't bear to let such a delightful restaurant take such a bad rap that it most obviouly does not deserve. Give Brownies on the Lake a chance. I'm quite certain that you'll be glad you did. And when you do, I challange you to take a minute to write your own review.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Detroit, Michigan
“Nice view, but the food was just average.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012 via mobile

The food just average. The dinner salad dressings were the typical cheap restaurant variety. The full slab of ribs for $20 were dry and over cooked. I split the ribs with my son and neither one of us finished our meals. We waited a while for our server on a Saturday night and the waitress apologized that they were going through a 'floor change' at 8 pm. The restaurant wasn't very busy on Saturday. The waitress was attentive after a slow start. Until this place improves the food quality, there are much better places to go.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Haslett, Michigan, United States
“perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

We all had lobster and it was fab. We had excellent service. The ambience was wonderful.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Don't go hungry!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

This east side suburban Detroit restaurant re-opened under a name that goes back decades. Great job on renovating interior space, and the outdoor seating is great. Plenty of room to pull in you boat along the long seawall. But....don't go hungry. The food leaves a lot to be desired. I've eaten there 3 times, trying to give another chance, but quality did not improve. Greasy chicken picatta, greasier fish and chips. Great place to hang if you only want to drink, nestled in amongst marinas.

• Visited October 2011