“Does Not Taste Fresh” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Michigan
“Does Not Taste Fresh”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

After Moy's closed the restaurant and moved to carry-out only a mile away, I gave Golden Chopsticks another try.

Next time, I will drive to Moy's for a carry-out.

It seems busy, but the food just does not taste fresh to me here. The eggroll tasted like it had been frozen, and the chicken had a very strange texture. It's not a good sign when you don't want to eat leftover Chineese food the next day!

• Visited February 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Rolling Hills Estates, California
“Best Chinese Food on the East Side”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

There really are only a few good Chinese restaurants in the whole Detroit Metro area, and Golden Chopsticks is one of the best. It's not fancy, but it is very well run. Whether you do take-out or dine-in, the food is always very good. It's a family-run place where the service is quick. There's no idle chit-chat---the servers are fast and move with purpose. We find the food much better than at the newer and more expensive Shogun (Chinese side) right up Jefferson.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Detroit
“Great Little Chinese Joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2008

Since I moved to this area, I've been looking for a great, inexpensive Chinese place to eat or to have for take out and this place is very good. The food is always fresh and hot and the best dish on the menu has to be the Chicken Lettuce Wraps. They are so delicious! I usually order that and their mini egg rolls. I think it's family owned and they are very friendly people. The one lady is a little crazy, but she's very very nice. I think her name is Tammy (Amercanized) but she is an awesome server. She waits on us every time we come in. They are not open on Mondays for some reason. I'm a little sad about that since I usually don't work on Mondays.