“First time not the last time” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
St. Clair Shores
“First time not the last time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

My Mother is 74 and I just turned 49 this past Saturday. Mom was in town for my birthday and wanted to treat me for dinner. It was up to me for a time and place to meet for dinner. I could have chosen Fish Bones at 9 and Jefferson as price was no object for Mom. I chose 630 pm . I had to work that day .. I was not sure if I would be rushing for my dinner meeting and was concerned if my attire would be offensive to a high end place. They had a special on Perch . Mom and I wanted it grilled as opposed to fried, as it was an optional choice. The chef gave warning to our waitress " Martha" that the Perch does not do so well off the grill and in turn Martha advised us. Since we did not want fried as an option we choce Tilopia grilled. The food was delicious, perepared and searved to perfection ! I have only one downside to the event . With all the variety of entree I was hoping for a wider choice of rice and veggies. I chose the baked potatoe and cooked carrots and they were fresh and perfect except I would rather have had a rice pilaf and veggie melody. Also.. Do not bother searving the baked potatoe in tin foil, Do not bother searving the cooked carrots in a seperate dish. Seperate dish sides placed on top of the entree is not appetizing and tin foil is as much a waste and expense as the cost of purchasing and maintaining the side dish compartment ? No leaf is required under the fish ? All that is discarded and makes the table jumbled with confusion ? Your food , selection , service and atmosphere are perfect. Prices are good. The place has great management and pride of ownership. My silly sugesstions are not meant to be critical. I will be back like Arnold. Special thank you and compliments to Martha and congratulations to the Owner for a well run ship !!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Marine City, MI
“Nice place with good food at a good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

This was the first time I went to a Ram's Horn and was very happy with the selections and prices. I was even happier with the quality of service and food. I ordered the sliders to see how they would do and the burgers were juicy and lots of flavor. The only downside was the bun seems to be dry. My wife had potatoe skins which were great.

I will be going there on a regular basis to try the other menu items since they passed the first test.

• Visited February 2012