“Never again” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
Dundee, Michigan, Usa
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

This room was disgusting ! First thing walk & stinks of cigarette, carpet was so filthy we kept our shoes on because even then our shoes stuck to it, gum stuck in it & who knows what else. Hair all over the bedding , yes we used our blankets from our truck. Remote & night stand table sticky i had to use soap to wash that , cigarette burns all through out tub, toilet vanity. If it wasn't family wknd at my daughters college would have left & not stayed the night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GMKnightsInnMI, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Saginaw, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear Miss Rebecca B.,

I regret for the shortcomings of not ensuring your room were decent for you and your family to stay. Our team will surely evaluate this matter and address accordingly as our only goal is to provide our guests with the best quality and excellent value accommodation. Your comments are of high importance to us.

Allow us to make amends and give us another opportunity of providing your lodging needs in our hotel. Our staff will be happy to assist you, please do not hesitate to call their attention should you need assistance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Traverse City, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last weekend and it was great for the money. We've stayed at most of the hotels in this area over the last three years and always avoided this one as it's a motel instead of a hotel, no pool and you never know what your going to get at a Knights Inn. Because this is at least half the cost of almost every other hotel near by I decided to give it a try. What we found was it can appear to be scarey like when I went to check in it was late so I went into the entrance and found the lobby doors to be locked and then I heard a voice which came from a security window where the gal working was standing on the other side. She was very nice and check in was fine but not like walking up to the front desk at the Hilton. So we drove around to the room which was a real treat to be able to park right at our room door, and enter to find a nice clean room with very comfortable beds and a large flat screen TV. The room was cold so we had to crank the heat, the towels were quite worn, and yes the room was dated but over all for the money I thought it was great. A few weeks ago we tried the Super 8 which was also dated, dirty, and strange people wondering around all night. Here the nieghbors all seemed nice and no stangers loitering or doors slamming in the morning. We didn't try the breakfast as we love to go to Tony's just down the road. Over all I thought it was a great deal and from now on unless we have a bad experience in the future we'll stay here and save alot of money.
Lit

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GMKnightsInnMI, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Saginaw, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for considering Knights Inn a great value for your money. Your warm review and generous rating for our service ensures we have succeeded in providing your accommodation needs. We will continue on working closely to be able to provide our you, our guests with the best experience every time you visit Knights Inn.

We look forward to another opportunity of your visit soon.
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

It was very late at night, I was tired, and there was only *one* room left in Saginaw. I thought to myself: it's only for a single night. How bad could it be??

Pretty bad.

I asked the manager if I could take a look at the room before I registered. It was so dirty and looked so generally neglected that I felt a need to check for bedbugs. I didn't find any, but there was a lot of cigarette ash between the mattress and box springs, and btw the mattress and the sheets. Made me really wonder about the quality of housekeeping ...
I brought this to the attention of the manager, but he didn't recognize that it was a problem of cleanliness -- or safety! It was difficult to understand his English, but he gave me to understand that a convention was going to take place in Saginaw in a few days, so all he had available was a smoking room.
The carpet and the upholstery were filthy; I was afraid to set anything down on any surfaces. The hems were pulled out of the drapes. There were stains on the walls.

The price the manager quoted was quite steep -- much more than i had been paying for decent rooms on previous nights of the trip -- I suppose because of the shortage of rooms. I asked the manager for a discount, figuring that he wouldn't be able to rent that wretched room to any other poor sucker at that time of night, but he wouldn't budge.

The next morning, in the light of day, I discovered more evidence of decline. The whole property needed a coat of paint; the lawn needed mowing and weeds needed to be pulled.

On the plus side: there was a working refrigerator in the room, plus a microwave. The room rate included breakfast. Breakfast was nothing special, but it was evident that the manager and his wife were making a lot of effort to please their guests. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, they're immigrants. Perhaps they don't really grasp American standards of neatness and cleanliness.

If I had the opportunity to do this experience over, I would definitely have kept driving, no matter how late it was. Or perhaps just slept in the car!

Room Tip: Choose a different motel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear ComradeCamper,

I apologize if our team have not met your exacting requirement and you were not able to avail of the discount you asked from the manager during your stay in Knights Inn. The rates were fixed and can no longer be adjusted.

We have made improvements in our hotel, though I appreciate your bringing to my attention your assessment of our room. I will make further evaluation so that we could maintain the best quality of accommodation for our guests.
Your comments will help us further improve our services as we are committed to achieve the best quality of service to provide our guests for giving us your business.

Thank you for staying in Knights Inn Saginaw.
Rockford, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Older property that needs lots of work. Beds were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good. Did not like the fact that the rooms were separate from the main lobby and looked like there were people living in this property instead of beiing travelers.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
GMKnightsInnMI, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Saginaw, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Miss Mary Kay,

Thank you for staying at Knights Inn.

We are glad that you had a comfortable stay in our hotel. Your review is important to us and we assure you that we will evaluate your comment and implement corrective measures accordingly so that you will be more comfortable on your next visit.

We appreciate your taking note of our friendly staff and our breakfast.
We hope to have another opportunity of providing your next accommodation in our hotel soon.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Not the best neighborhood, but definately a good price. Nice employees, clean rooms. The doors seem kind of flimsy. That, along with the fact that the rooms are actually separate from the main area of the hotel made me feel a bit unsafe.

• Stayed July 2013
GMKnightsInnMI, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Saginaw, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear dyaniyam,

Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience in our Hotel.

We assure you that we give utmost importance to our guests’ comments and reviews. We hope you will give us another opportunity of providing your next accommodation requirement. We shall ensure you will find a room more comfortable for you to stay and would feel much safer on your next visit.

We hope you will give us another opportunity of providing you best value accommodation.
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Staying for the 1 night, Checked in a lil early with out any issues, Staying in the Jacuzzi room. Worth the money! Clean room with a comfortable bed and Jacuzzi in the room along with a separate bathroom with a shower/tub ...Don't let the Motel appearance fool you, it is an older property motel, but it has all the basics for the price. Conveniently located to the shopping mall and restaurants...If you don't mind the older look to the motel, it is a great value for the price, not a pricey wallet gouging rate. Very quiet setting...Very Basic but the rooms have all the updated amenities...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
GMKnightsInnMI, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Saginaw, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Hello Danilynweddings,

Thank you for staying in our hotel and we glad that you had a comfortable stay. Your positive review motivates us to be dedicated in maintaining the best value accommodation our guests deserves for giving us your business. Your satisfaction is our guarantee that we have sufficed your needs.

We look forward to another opportunity of providing your next accommodation requirement in Knights Inn .
Clinton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

For the area, the price was reasonable. The location seemed safe and nondescript (all the usual chains from Applebees to Starbucks to a mall within a mile). I would like it to be cleaner but I have seen a lot worse, this one just had a lot of dust in the corners which aggravated my allergies a bit. There was no shampoo in the room but the front desk was quick to provide some packets. A guest had a gigantic German Shepherd that was bigger than he was and we really didn't think he was going to be able to control it, so that made us feel less than safe. For a budget hotel, the bagel and cream cheese and coffee was acceptable. If we paid 40-50 dollars, it would have met my expectations. The bed was too soft/sagging to be comfortable. Staff was very friendly. This was close to the expressway and a good stopping point on the way to Michigan Upper Peninsula.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello Miss,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay in Knights Inn.

Your reviews are important reference for us straight from our Guests to be able to further improve our services. I sincerely apologize if in any manner there were instances that have caused you discomfort. We assure you that these shall be properly evaluated and addressed as we give high priority to the quality of service our clients deserve.

We shall keep on improving our services to compliment the location of our Hotel that you enjoy. Thank you for finding our breakfast acceptable. We shall work on making them “tastier” so that you will also enjoy your breakfast the next time you and your family visit us.

We sincerely look forward to accommodating you and your family soon.

Been to Knights Inn Saginaw? Share your experiences!