“Nice stay in Saginaw, MI” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Saginaw
Seattle, Washington
“Nice stay in Saginaw, MI”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

It was rather comfortable staying at the Fairfield Inn. The breakfast was fine and every employee we encountered was friendly and helpful. The only issue we had was with the fire doors. Every single one was blocked open on every floor!!! I'm sure this this is a fire code violation. If there were a fire, these stairs are suppose to provide a smoke free exit. I have to say that I was quite surprised.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Saginaw, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear RainCityCouple,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our friendly staff! Our first and main priority is always the well-being of our guests. Our stairwell doors are actually held open by magnets. If our fire alarms were to go off the magnets would release, closing off the stairwells. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Saginaw area!

Asst. General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

It's not surprising that this hotel continues to get good reviews. The staff was excellent. Everyone who works here has a smile on their face and are very eager to help in any way possible. The location is great too. Lots of restaurants and department stores in the area and the mall is just around the corner. The rooms were clean and the overall hotel presence was very tidy as well. The continental breakfast was delicious too (waffles, buns and gravy, yogurt, bagels, etc..) . I would highly recommend this hotel for your next Saginaw shopping trip.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor accessible room if you can. The bathroom has no counter (only a shelf) and the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Saginaw, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Jchevs,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I am so glad you had such a wonderful stay! Our staff works very hard to make each one of our guests feels comfortable during their stay. I will definitely bring up your review during our next staff meeting to let them know their hard work is noticed. I hope to see you next time you are in the Saginaw area!

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Erica St. Charles and Kassidy greeted me at check-in and immediately made me feel welcome. What impressed me is that Erica had warned me that there would be no microwaves left for me to have in my room, but within two hours of my check-in she had located one from an adjoining hotel (?) and had placed it in my room. She also anticipates guests needs. She noted that I was "dressed for workout" and immediately grabbed a bottled water for me.

Very nice!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Saginaw, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Shaffer_T,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I am glad that I was able to accommodate your microwave request during your stay. I will also share your kind words with Kassidy. We do our best to fulfill our guests needs during their stay. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Saginaw area!

Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Excellent family hotel, convenient to shopping and restaurants. Great cleaning service and room maintenance by Victoria thanks the Saginaw area makes a quick trip to frankenmuth and birch run all hotel staff was friendly

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Saginaw, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Jim G,
Thank you very much for sharing your hotel experience with us! Our staff works very hard to make sure that our guests have an enjoyable stay, and I am glad that shows! I will make sure to pass your wonderful comments on to Victoria and the rest of our staff. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Saginaw area!

East Tawas, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stay here often & enjoy our stays. We know the management & staff & have become friends with them, especially Bob the manger, Erica's (there are two) at the desk, Victoria in Housekeeping and her staff, and Irma in the breakfast room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Saginaw, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Dean K,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! Our staff tries very hard to make our guests feel comfortable and at home. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in town!

Oscoda, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Very impressed indeed! We are from Oscoda and often visit Saginaw for business, shopping and pleasure and stay at various hotels. We found your hotel to be attractive, clean and inviting. My bad back will attest to comfort from your beds. The breakfast bar was very tasty with good variety. Beginning with the friendly sweet girl at the desk to the very personable Manager who refilled our coffee as we chatted with him, we felt right at home! Because of these things, we will always return to your hotel while in Saginaw.

Room Tip: We have stayed in various rooms and all have been great.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Saginaw, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Hunterbob2013,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. I am very happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience with us! Our staff works very hard to make sure all of our guests have a fantastic stay. We would love to have you back as our guest again soon! Have a great rest of your week.

Yours in Hospitality,
Saint Thomas, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I would like to say that I have stayed many times at the Fairfield Inn in Saginaw, Michigan and always come away feeling so relaxed and enjoyed having a great time. I go shopping in Saginaw and have always stayed at this hotel. The General Manager is the most friendly person I have ever met in the hotel business - I have stayed in many hotels during my travels in the United States - and the front desk staff go above and beyond any desk staff I have dealt with as well. The lady who looks after the breakfast area - what can I say except wonderful - she not only does her job very well but is so friendly. I have also encountered some of the housekeeping staff and they also do a great job - I must say housekeeping does not have an easy job - and they not only work hard but are very pleasant as well. When you ask any of the staff about something you are helped in whatever you have requested of them. I have not dealt with one staff member who has not been friendly and very helpful and I must add how pleasant it is to be called by your first name when arriving at the hotel. With the experience I have had at the Fairfield in Saginaw I just would not even think about staying at another hotel. My many thanks to all the staff and look forward to seeing you again in November. Keep up the great work. Phyllis Gibbons

Room Tip: I understand this is a very busy hotel and my suggestion to any person wanting to stay there to make...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Saginaw, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Phyllis G,
Thank you so much for your kind words! Our staff works very hard to make sure our guests feel welcome and comfortable while staying with us. I will pass your wonderful words on to them. Thank you for being a loyal guest, and I look forward to seeing you in November.

Yours in Hospitality,
Assistant General Manager

Been to Fairfield Inn Saginaw? Share your experiences!