“Wow!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Saginaw Hotel and Suites

You added Ramada Saginaw Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Ramada Saginaw Hotel and Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3325 Davenport Avenue, I-675, Exit 3, Saginaw, MI 48602   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Saginaw
Hamilton, Ontario
“Wow!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2006

Stayed at the Ramada Suites in Saginaw as I was going to Frankenmouth, Michigan. My goodness, I have to say, this place is well worth the price, and to be honest, they don't charge enough!!!!

Beautiful wood paneling everywhere!!! Cozy sitting areas in the greatest out of the way spots. My suite was roomy, yet cozy!! I loved it!!!

The staff were friendly, the restaurant was out of the world. I have never seen a Sunday Brunch anything like it!!!

The only down side was the lack of swimming pool, and the tiny nook that the "workout" area was in.

I will definately make this my regular hotel for my yearly shopping trip to Bronner's!

• Liked — Beautiful interior
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
clinton township
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2006

i stayed at the Saginaw, MI Ramada Inn hotel in the beginning of august, and was in visiting friends and my grandfather in the hospital. it was an extremely hot day, a little more than 100 degrees, and when we checked in, the ac didn't work. we turned it down low in case in was frozen up, and left for a bit. when we came back around 9:30, it still didn't work, so i went to the desk and asked to have it looked at, as well as have a few extra towels delivered. when i came back late at night (around 1 am) our room was still warm and the towels i had asked for never appeared. i went back down to the desk to find out why, and it turned out that the girl working(who was actually very nice) had sent the maintenance man to the wrong room. The front desk guy was actually really nice and sent the maintenance man to my room, but when he got there, there was nothing he could do. there weren't any rooms i could move to, so he(mike) advised me to talk to the manager in the morning, and told us that i shouldn't have to pay for the room, and the front desk man agreed. in the morning, i went down and talked to a girl, who went in back and conversed with the manager, and returned with "the best we can do is 10 dollars off". i was extremely upset with this, seeing that i spent the whole incredibly hot night in a room that had no airconditioning. i asked to speak to the manager, and when he came out, he(willy) informed me that i was already getting a discount. when i asked him what discount, he said all kings were at a discounted rate during the week, which wasn't like i was getting an additional discount. any person in a king was getting the 50 dollar rate. on top of that, i wasn't even in a king, i was in a handicap queen because the desk had my reservations screwed up when i got there. he then said that he would go down to the room and check, and he came down and said he couldn't tell if it was off or not. since he didn't believe me, even though the desk staff and said they would talk to him in the morning and let him know the situation, i asked for his 1-800 number, and he said nastily, "go ahead, its 1 800 ramada" i was so angry that i left. i am 26 years old and i was treated like a child by this horrible manager. what's worse is that the 1 800 number said there was nothing they could do for me, that they could forward a complaint, but it was up to the property to respond. i will never stay here again, and i advise others not too. the desk staff was extremely friendly, but i would advise staying in a place that holds it's employees and managers accountable when they promise that your stay will be enjoyable. because of this experience, i will never stay at a ramada again. i understand that mistakes happen, but this was going too far. do not go here!

• Liked — most of the staff were friendly
  • Disliked — the manager was horrendous
  • Tips/Secrets — if you want to be treated well, don't stay here
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
GM3325, General Manager at Ramada Saginaw Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, December 6, 2006
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry you were not happy with your stay. Ramada Inn & Suites continually strives to provide the proper accommodations for our guests and I’m sorry we disappointed you.

We always welcome comments from our guests as it helps us to continually strive to improve our services. I am sorry I was unable to respond to your needs. We hope you will give us the opportunity to provide you with the service and accommodations you expect and deserve.

We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and hope you will stay with us in the future. If there is anything I can do for you, please never hesitate to call me. Thank you again and I am sorry for the disappointments you encountered during your stay.

On behalf of the management staff we would like to offer you a complimentary room during your next trip to Saginaw.

Your business and satisfaction are important to us as a past and future guest.

Willy Schipper

Ypsilanti, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2006

Stayed here for business for one night in June 2006. This property is one of those "outdoor-turned-indoor" conversions, and, as such, many of the rooms get very little, if any, natural light. While this posed no problem for me given the duration of my stay, it is worth noting. Room was spacious, very nice and clean, with everything in working order. Work area, while well-lit, might be too small for some. Full cable TV lineup, not some watered-down corporate mix, which was very nice. Continental breakfast was plentiful. Check-in and check-out were handled efficiently. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Detroit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2005

Wonderful. Great service, price, and room. The bed was sooo comfortable. The room was spacious and clean with a large tv. The heat worked great. The bathroom was large. I would enjoy staying here again.

ontario canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2005

room was very clean and spacious, staff took care of all our needs immediately, happy hour--wonderful, bartenders the best, free shuttle service when you needed it, wake-up call right on time, continental bkfst--good variety

• Stayed September 2005
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2003

I made a reservation at this Ramada only because I couldn't find another room in all of Saginaw. I had a suspicion based on the map that this used to be the old Best Western (what a dive!). It was one and the same but with a complete redo.

Hallways are floor to ceiling oak, nice oak trim, new room configuration. Counter space for the bathroom area was large and included a separate vanity area with mirror and vanity chair. There was a small desk area with a chair and lamp for computer hookups, and the crowning glory was that the beds are triple sheeted. I love that! The room I got was a smoking room but smelled very fresh when I got in it.
Continental breakfast is served in the restaurant M-Sat, but on Sunday morning they have a buffet that you must purchase (I don't know the cost, but they give $1 off coupons to hotel guests at the desk).

They bombed the old outdoor pool and now there's just a courtyard in its place. The front desk has some bugs to work out, but the manager on duty was just SUPER. I'd stay here again gladly.

Been to Ramada Saginaw Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!