“Best meal I've had in Saginaw” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Saginaw, MI
“Best meal I've had in Saginaw”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

The food here is absolutely AMAZING. The service was great, the waitress had a great sense of humor even though I couldn't understand what she was saying. I don't care if they completely speak Japanese as long as the food is good, and it was great. The decor is a little outdated but my table and seat and the floor were very clean. I am not here for the environment, but for the food. I am not familiar with the types of "sushi" or "sashimi" or whatever, all I know is I love the stuff they wrap in rice and seafood. Their are pictures on the menu which was perfect. I ordered the Bento special for lunch. It had a california roll, shrimp balls, some sticky rice, spring roll, and a small piece of lightly pan fried salmon with a mild teriyaki sauce, soup and salad were served first. The whole meal cost about 10 bucks or so. The salmon could not have been cooked anymore perfectly, I mean PERFECT. The spring roll was the best I have ever had, this thing was fresh, not sitting on a rack somewhere being warmed, it was awesome. The california roll was made with real crab and was just amazing. Everything in the box was done perfect. The salad was small which was great for me, didn't want a big one and the soup was basically some kind of chicken stock with some green leafy veggie in there, not sure what it was but it was good. I can not wait to go back here. I can not believe that I have never eaten at this restaurant before. It has been in Saginaw for a long time and so have I. This is my new favorite place for lunch. I can not wait to return. I definitely want to go back with another person so we can get more food so I can try more stuff! The service was great, even though I had a HARD time understanding what the waitress was saying, she was very friendly and prompt with refills and keeping the food coming. She made recommendations and even stopped me from ordering more than what I did. I was glad because I ate it all and was full with no leftovers. Amazing place. DO NOT HESITATE TO GO!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Saginaw, MI
“Great sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Excellent sushi, surprising find. A special treat here in Saginaw.

Visited April 2012
Midland, Michigan
“Nice Friendly Dining Experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Order the sushi, and box dinner. Love the Miso soup. A unique and very authentic Japanese restaurant and nice decore. Friendly service too.

Sebewaing,MI
“Great place and very friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Yes there are not many options for sushi in Saginaw. But this is a very nice place and the they welcome you and remember you when you come back again and again.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bay City, MI
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

As someone that loves sushi, I'm surprised it took me so long to go here... I went with my sister and mother for mother's day and it was amazing. The food was really fresh and ridiculously tasty. The service was great, the restaurant is well decorated and the music in there is not overly loud (which I love!). There is also a menu for people who aren't fond of sushi (which is good, since my husband is not a fan), but this is the best I've ever had. It can be a little pricey, but completely worth it once in a while. I don't mind paying a little extra for the food art the chefs are creating- because it not only tastes awesome, it looks awesome as well.

• Visited May 2012