“Great Food, ambiance, Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Black Canyon City, Arizona
“Great Food, ambiance, Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

Met there with family members, wine selection great, however, wished there were more MI wines to select from. We live in AZ and when we come back to MI we like to buy local. I had walleye, my husband had the scallops and they were delicious! My first preference would have been MI perch, which was not on the menu. Great dining experience all around!

Midland, Michigan
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

We were going to an event at the Dow Center and dropped in here for a quick dinner. They were good at ensuring we good or food in good time to make the event. We just had sandwiches the po boy and the mini Jake's but they were very good. We'll come back here for a longer more formal meal sometime.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
MICHIGAN
“Ok food, ok service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

We have been here a few times in the last few years, each time hoping for a better experience. The food is just ok and the service is not very good. Saginaw craves an upscale restaurant in the "Old Town" district with great food and great service but has yet to accomplish it. People will come back to a restaurant with ok food if they get great service. I'm certain it's their service that is the problem. The staff just doesn't really seem to care. They are over priced for what they offer. We're willing to pay a couple extra dollars if we feel it's worth it. We go to Old City Hall in Bay City and get exactly that. Great food, Great service! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the Owners read these reviews and do something about their service as that seems to be a common theme among the other reviews.

• Visited December 2010
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bay City, Michigan
“Great Food, Beautiful Building, Poor Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is a great old building that was restored. My husband and I loved the "feel" of the restaurant. We went during Valentines Day and the food was great, but they really nickel and dime you for every little thing. They offered my brother onions on his steak and he was shocked to find out that it cost him and additional $5 on his bill. For onions? I got lobster on mine for the same price! He would never have got them if he knew it was going to be $5. The service was mediocre at best.

• Visited February 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Saginaw, Michigan
“Great food- terrible service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

This was our 2nd visit to Jake's. The food was very good - although our order was mixed up and serviced in the wrong order- soup and salad after our entree. We also ordered martinis and we got serviced each others (I got my husbands and he got mine- which we quickly switched). Our server was not visible to us- we had to go to the bar to ask for our bill. They were not busy at the time of our visit (a Saturday around 5:30) so there was no reason for the many mix-ups. While we enjoyed our night out and the yummy food- the service was very dissappointing.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere